Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****TEXAS vs. OU GAME THREAD*****

The Longhorns and Sooners will face off at 8:00 PM on ESPN2.

Texas (10-3, 0-1) is coming off a 59-44 loss to Baylor in their Big 12 opener, while the Sooners sit at 10-3, 1-0 in Big 12 play thanks to a 66-61 win over Kansas State last weekend.

2 crappy teams.  Texas can’t afford to lose this game as they need every win they can get.  League is good this year.  Broken record...Shaka has never run the havoc defense that made him and got him this job.  Really don’t understand what the hell he is doing.  Offense has no clue and no plan.  Sims gets open low post,  never gets a pass.  He flares to to the three point line and gets passes.  Borrowed time Shaka.

There is no interest in Shaka Smart basketball. We need to move on and bring someone else in. If not for the insane contract he got, I feel he would have already been gone. The program is in worse shape than it was when he got here. It’s very disappointing.

5 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Can we start a go fund me page to fire our shitty coach. #fireshaka. He’s a freakin embarrassment. I freakin hate watching our piss poor offense and the looks on Shaka’s face. Come on CDC, step up and get us a real coach. 

Do you let him finish the season or pull the plug now?

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Do you let him finish the season or pull the plug now?

Pull the plug now. Our early season success is not a true indication of how bad our program is. Shaka has lost control of the team and it’s only gonna get worse. We’re gonna have a huge recruiting weekend on the 18th. They will take these recruits to watch UT vs Kansas. We will get our asses handed to us. He is the weakest link in our coaching tree. Fire his ass tonight 

ANSWER:  I was alerted this game was on ESPN2 and turned it on with 11+ minutes to go in the 2nd half and Texas down by 3.  Within 3 minutes I saw two turnovers by our guards simply because they lost their dribble and a pass that hit the cushion out of bounds.  I stoically picked up the remote and changed the channel not to return.  

QUESTION:  What is apathy??

If CDC did fire Shaka there would still be clowns coming out and say we didn’t give him enough of a chance. With what these coaches are making I think it reasonable to want to see improvement every year. After several years the team is showing no improvement and seem to be regressing then it’s time for a change IMO. They need to also quit signing them to these ridiculous contracts where it cost so much to get rid of them. Beard walks in at TEch and in a couple years they’re a national contender. Same with Drew at Baylor. If you can win at those places then you someone should be able to do that at Texas. Why is it so hard at Texas? I’ve only been following this for 55 years.....maybe I’m missing something.

There were several bad calls that went against Texas and I was waiting for Smart to get a "T" but he never did. Sometimes a coach can use that for motivation, does he not know this?

I was on the Smart bandwagon and I really thought he would have Texas winning and being competitive. Last night neither he or the team showed emotion while playing ou, friggin ou! Unless he turns this season around, this should be his last.

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

There were several bad calls that went against Texas and I was waiting for Smart to get a "T" but he never did. Sometimes a coach can use that for motivation, does he not know this?

I was on the Smart bandwagon and I really thought he would have Texas winning and being competitive. Last night neither he or the team showed emotion while playing ou, friggin ou! Unless he turns this season around, this should be his last.

For the majority of the first half, they played well offensively.  They were actually knocking down shots. The second half was terrible.  There are a lot of games left.  I'm hopeful that they can turn it around, but it's doubtful that they will.

It won't happen, but I wish they would just pull the plug and put Shaka out of his misery. This will just continue to get ugly.

Also won't happen, but I really wish CDC would go money-whip Gregg Marshall in the offseason and bring him to Austin. I'm sure there are some other good candidates, but I really don't want to take a chance on an up-and-comer that does not have a proven track record. I can't handle another bust.