Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****TEXAS vs. #6 BAYLOR GAME THREAD*****

The Texas Longhorns (10-2, 0-0) open Big 12 play in Waco tonight against a Baylor (10-1, 0-0) team that is ranked #6 in the AP Top-25 and #4 in the Coaches Poll.

Texas is 15-8 all-time in Big 12 openers.

txbuhoops.png

What: Texas Longhorns (10-2, 0-0 Big 12) vs. Baylor Bears (10-1, 0-0 Big 12)
When: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Time:  7:00 PM CST
Venue: Ferrell Center
Television: ESPN2
The Line: Baylor -9

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Baylor defeated Texas 84-83 OT (February 27, 2019, Waco, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Baylor 163-91

DVR’ed the game and tried to watch it last night. It’s the same story different year. As Tejas said, Shaka seems to be a great guy but it’s not working here. 
I haven’t been this down on Horns basketball since the Weltlich days. Showed my age there a bit 

Exactly. You’d think he would have caught on and try to change it up by now. Usually when they would press in years past while down 20, they’d have a lot of success. 

5 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

DVR’ed the game and tried to watch it last night. It’s the same story different year. As Tejas said, Shaka seems to be a great guy but it’s not working here. 
I haven’t been this down on Horns basketball since the Weltlich days. Showed my age there a bit 

I still remember during his tenure buying 1 ticket to see 2 games, the men & women teams vs TCU. Even with that, the FEC was almost empty.

8 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

George Muller kicked ass...well, not really.

3 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I still remember during his tenure buying 1 ticket to see 2 games, the men & women teams vs TCU. Even with that, the FEC was almost empty.

Have you seen some of the crowds at the Erwin Center lately?

34 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

George Muller kicked ass...well, not really.

I met Carlton Cooper in Commerce, TX a few years ago.  He’s certainly on the UT All-Vertical Jump Team.  

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I just remember Penders’ first season and watching Lance Blanks throw down a huge dunk the first game of the year. I was thinking “this might be fun!”.

I think Weltlich outlawed dunks and threes. 

6 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

7 footer

I think 7-2?  

John Brownlee was Wetlich’s crowning jewel.  Shared the conference title with him... that’s right Bob Wetlich shared a conference crown (pretty sure). 

I’m not defending Bob Wetlich - but he was fired with Lance Blanks and Joey Wright on the bench in street clothes due to transfer rules. Mayes was a junior and also a Wetlich recruit.  BMW were his recruits.  He pleaded for one more year.  

Penders lifted us to a new level.  Barnes was the best Longhorn basketball coach in our history.