Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Hagen seems to be picking up steam.  Kind of a meh hire, but let's see if he's it and if so, hope Tom made a good choice.  Hagen was at A&M before his gig at Indiana.  Not sure he's terribly stout as a recruiter, but I guess we'll find out soon enough if he's the hire.

Rivals.com ranked him as one of the top recruiters in the nation twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

Depends on how he develops talent imo. If he is the recruiter it appears and can take some of the great talent we have and those coming in to the next level then I'd say he's a home run hire. Maybe not the big name but we need solid guys that are great at their job. 

When did A&M ever beat us out for a DT or LB while he was there? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

When did A&M ever beat us out for a DT or LB while he was there? 

Haven't really followed the Aggies so I'm not sure how many they beat us on but they always seemed to have a few good ones both in recruiting and in performance. Besides, if he was named recruiter of the year at a place like CS, I can only imagine what he could do in Austin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, primal defense said:

Crap!  Sure would have been nice if he had come back to Austin. Too bad for Mack.

 

Tim Brewster leaving UNC for Florida

 

https://footballscoop.com/news/source-tim-brewster-leaving-unc-for-florida/

I thought he was content returning to NC to coach and finish his career.  One year with Mack was enough I guess?  Larry Brownesque with 29 coaching stops during his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, NEOkHorn said:

Depends on how he develops talent imo. If he is the recruiter it appears and can take some of the great talent we have and those coming in to the next level then I'd say he's a home run hire. Maybe not the big name but we need solid guys that are great at their job. 

This!  Recruiting hasn’t been an issue at Texas since the last couple years of Fred Akers.  Garry Patterson hasn’t put together a recruiting class ranked higher than TEXAS one time - to my memory, and seems to whip us half the time.  
 

Texas recruits itself. We need coaches! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

This!  Recruiting hasn’t been an issue at Texas since the last couple years of Fred Akers.  Garry Patterson hasn’t put together a recruiting class ranked higher than TEXAS one time - to my memory, and seems to whip us half the time.  
 

Texas recruits itself. We need coaches! 

 

Coaching matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...