Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

Question: With Carrington currently operating as an Assistant Coach does he get paid like one? Most Assistants are making at least $300K. I’m sure Carringtons normal role of Director of Recruiting doesn’t pay as much. 

This may be a clever way to get him a nice bonus to keep him here and happy. Any idea what he makes?

10 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Question: With Carrington currently operating as an Assistant Coach does he get paid like one? Most Assistants are making at least $300K. I’m sure Carringtons normal role of Director of Recruiting doesn’t pay as much. 

This may be a clever way to get him a nice bonus to keep him here and happy. Any idea what he makes?

https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/bryan-tyler-carrington/2280667/

I have no idea how accurate this is. But this website says he makes 100k. I believe that. I'm sure he gets some bonuses or something on the side. LSU almost hired him away last year and he was promoted. I'm sure he gets paid a pretty penny. 

8 hours ago, TB14 said:

Would you believe Carrington started out at $37K at UT? CTH remedied that in Year 2 I believe.

I don't think Carrington's salary goes up when he switches roles. He's at $100K as Coach said above. I'm sure CTH bonuses the shit out of him though.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Would you believe Carrington started out at $37K at UT? CTH remedied that in Year 2 I believe.

I don't think Carrington's salary goes up when he switches roles. He's at $100K as Coach said above. I'm sure CTH bonuses the shit out of him though.

Good to know. Thanks for the responses @CoachEmUp64. I figured his salary is public information but I didn't find anything on a super quick google search.

45 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Brainiacs saying 2nd DL coach has been hired.  Currently at a Big 10 school.  Speculate away.

I guess I’d be happy with Larry Johnson... lmao

On 2/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, TFloss32 said:

From IT on Texas DB coach

Short story it sucked...

ere’s a good convo topic for prospects.

I talked to one of my best Dallas sources yesterday who has specific insight on DB play and knows Ishmael’s game well.

His thoughts:

- Ishmael is long, athletic, physical, and has ability to be drafted in the first three rounds

- He lacks skill and for that reason, if he goes to a school that continually rotates early draft picks he could get lost in the shuffle while he’s developing. He has to pick a school with a track record for development

- Source said a school like Washington is perfect for him because they develop DB’s

- Guys like Ibraheem would be wasted at Texas under the previous DB coaches, he doesn’t have an opinion on the new coaches. Said UT DB play was very difficult to watch the last few years. “The guys who did well came in with skill already — Holton Hill and Caden Sterns. I loved Brandon Jones in high school but he wasn’t the player he could have been. He’s going to be a better pro, watch.”

- The new coaches have plenty of talent to work with. “We’re going to find out real quick if these guys can coach. If those DB’s don’t come on quickly they probably have the wrong guys again.”

4 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Some say it’s Mark Hagen from Indiana

Hagen seems to be picking up steam.  Kind of a meh hire, but let's see if he's it and if so, hope Tom made a good choice.  Hagen was at A&M before his gig at Indiana.  Not sure he's terribly stout as a recruiter, but I guess we'll find out soon enough if he's the hire.

21 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Hagen seems to be picking up steam.  Kind of a meh hire, but let's see if he's it and if so, hope Tom made a good choice.  Hagen was at A&M before his gig at Indiana.  Not sure he's terribly stout as a recruiter, but I guess we'll find out soon enough if he's the hire.

Co-DC at Indiana and I’ve been looking at lucci tweets about him when he left A&M apparently he’s a good coach and a great man