Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Frank Okam was supposed to find out today whether or not an offer will be extended, per brainiacs.

He’s also in limbo with whether Aranda wants him back at Baylor, not gonna lie I’m really hoping we can pull off Buckner talk about a talent developer

The Boulware hire checks several boxes, my only worry is whether he’s the recruiting rainmaker you need at TE coach. And who will be recruiting coordinator?

Edited by bevotee
Typo

6 hours ago, bevotee said:

The Boulware hire checks several boxes, my only worry is whether he’s the recruiting rainmaker you need at TE coach. And who will be recruiting coordinator?

Isn’t that Carringtons title?

7 CANDIDATES TO REPLACE PHILLIP DANIELS AS EAGLES DEFENSIVE LINE COACH

Brentson Buckner: Buckner will be a popular name thrown out there. Despite the Raiders’ improving from 13 sacks to 32 in Buckner’s one year on Jon Gruden’s staff, he was let go so they could bring in Rod Marinelli. That means the 48-year-old Buckner is available. A longtime player in the NFL, Buckner was the Cardinals’ DL coach in 2013-17 and held the same position with the Bucs in 2018. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/7-candidates-replace-phillip-daniels-eagles-defensive-line-coach

13 minutes ago, primal defense said:

7 CANDIDATES TO REPLACE PHILLIP DANIELS AS EAGLES DEFENSIVE LINE COACH

Brentson Buckner: Buckner will be a popular name thrown out there. Despite the Raiders’ improving from 13 sacks to 32 in Buckner’s one year on Jon Gruden’s staff, he was let go so they could bring in Rod Marinelli. That means the 48-year-old Buckner is available. A longtime player in the NFL, Buckner was the Cardinals’ DL coach in 2013-17 and held the same position with the Bucs in 2018. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/7-candidates-replace-phillip-daniels-eagles-defensive-line-coach

Surely we're not going to let some little rinky dink yankee team outbid us.😉

19 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Sound like Okam is accepting another job.

Rumor is we didn't offer and Rhule may bring him onto his staff at Carolina in some type of role since I think they already hired a DL coach.  Not sure Okam really wanted our position either.

10 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, how we finish:

My confidence factor, in order lowest to highest

1. Ennis Rakestraw

2. Kevontre Bradford

3. Princely Umanmeilen

4. Kelvontay Dixon

5. Alfred Collins

This is ideal. I wouldn’t mind a WR, bet we are in the grad transfer market