Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

Info on Ash

If Ash leaves, the Ohio State defense is in much better shape than it was two years ago when Ash arrived. Meyer zeroed in on the style of defense he wanted to run and found a coach in Ash who ran it. Ash has said he wouldn't have come here if there wasn't agreement on that.

The Buckeyes have a co-coordinator in Luke Fickell steeped in this style now, and whatever Meyer would do to replace Ash, the defense isn't changing. It's going to be aggressive man coverage. Fickell could run that as the solo coordinator if Meyer hired a younger secondary coach. Or Meyer could bring in someone to share those coordinator duties again.

Ohio State would not have won the national title last season without the way the defense played, and Ash deserves a ton of credit for that. So does Fickell and every player on that defense, as well as Larry Johnson and Kerry Coombs.

Then the defense got better this year.

Ash would be a major loss. But at least right now the Buckeyes know what they want to do on defense and how to do it. That won't change.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2015/12/ohio_state_defensive_coordinat.html

15 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I doubt we can get Brady. It looks like LSU will empty the state budget to keep him.

There are negatives to Brady, he has never called plays. Would love to have him and someone else who has called plays before 

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods believes Stan Drayton and Herb Hand will be retained.

I'm ok with this. I know our line left a lot to be desired but consistency goes a long way here. Plus Hand has done a great job recruiting. I also think Drayton has done a decent enough job considering injuries and lack of depth. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, Orlando can stay if Saturday was an indication of things to come. Half the game we got out of the 4i and went to the 5. That indicates TO is open to change and hopefully – he saw the same things we saw – improvement in the pass rush.

Well I guess Mensa saw it different... 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

IMO coaches who are out

Warehime

Mehinger

Meekins

Beck----Maybe moved to QB coach

Drayton-50-50 

Orlando

Navier

Washington

Safe:

Giles

Hand

A loss to Tech and Texas should just cut bait with Herman too.

Seems to be coming together nicely.