Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So many wanted "young, hungry and innovative" well, here he is.

I’ll take an 80 year old coach if he can actually coach.  Obviously change is necessary, hopefully these hires will be good ones.

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If he joins the staff, we won't lose any DL targets we have. Elite recruiter.

He is Tim Brewster on steroids and I hope he coaches LB’s because I’m pretty sold on Okam for the DL. He would be undeniably the best hire of the offseason. Btw I’ve never seen a hire be so acclaimed by people outside of the program as Jay Valai’s hire is being acclaimed rn. Everyone loves him, all the trainers and those involved in recruiting. Only ones saying negative things are Texas fans.

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

I have been waiting on a report from you.I am amazed that this has not gotten more "run" so to speak.

Texas has a lot of money invested in the Herman experiment.  Enough to give him a chance to "right the ship", so to speak.  He has done some good things.

So, no one is calling for his head at this point.

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

He is Tim Brewster on steroids and I hope he coaches LB’s because I’m pretty sold on Okam for the DL. He would be undeniably the best hire of the offseason. Btw I’ve never seen a hire be so acclaimed by people outside of the program as Jay Valai’s hire is being acclaimed rn. Everyone loves him, all the trainers and those involved in recruiting. Only ones saying negative things are Texas fans.

Yeah Lupoi interviewed for the LB position.  Doesnt mean he can't recruit DL guys.  I'm all for this hire.

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

If he comes, you won't see Okam. And he won't come unless there is good money and with a good title/position. 

20 hours ago, Baron said:

I hope not. I'm getting too old to keep looking forward to the next great coach at UT.

Me too. I don't have another decade to wander in the wilderness. At 60 I still care. At 70, I may not, you never know. 

2 hours ago, wadster said:

Me too. I don't have another decade to wander in the wilderness. At 60 I still care. At 70, I may not, you never know. 

What the hell is this shit? Been a fan since grade school, I'm soon to be 69, I'm excited about the new coaches coming in, and I already can't wait for next fall to get here! 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

What the hell is this shit? Been a fan since grade school, I'm soon to be 69, I'm excited about the new coaches coming in, and I already can't wait for next fall to get here! 

We're not complaining about the hires. We are hoping Herman hits a homerun because of our age. We don't want to see more coaching turnover. Life is short at this point.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wait a minute.

He's going to coach Defensive Line, but will then flip and be the OC over the running game?

Bizarre.

Could be wrong but I think they are saying he is going to coordinate the run defense kind of like Marineli/Richard thing in Dallas this last year. Marinelli handled primarily the front 7 and Richard handled the DBs and called the defense. If that is the case, it is a crazy arrangement on the defensive side but adds a title for him and likely puts him in line to be a DC soon.

13 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Is Coleman a good hire? I’ll hang up and listen.

I would consider Andre Coleman a home run hire from the looks of his resume. Coleman's record at Kansas State on developing wide receivers is impressive.
He also brings an ability to coach our kick off returners and punt returners. Andre was a great returner in college and the NFL with a 98 yard return in the Super Bowl. I wish Collin Johnson and Duvernay had a year under Coleman to develop.

It will be interesting if the coaches allow to Bijan to return kick offs. He may be great at it, but there's always injury concerns. Either way our KO return teams and punt return teams should be better next year.

I also found an article that called Coleman a recruiting stud at Kansas State. If he's a recruiting stud at Kansas State then he should have no problems being a recruiting stud at Texas.

A four-year letterwinner at wide receiver under Bill Snyder from 1990-93, Coleman coached a position group that recorded the most receptions and yards ever by a Snyder-coached team in 2013 before shattering both those marks in 2014 with 230 receptions for 3,097 yards.

Coleman's impressive bio

Kansas State could have a new QB commit. Two weeks ago the Wildcats offered Chris Herron, a three star dual QB from Houston, TX. The Wildcat appear to be in the mix thanks to new offensive coordinator and recruiting stud, Andre Coleman.