Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

Recommended Posts

Since we play LSU next season, I welcome Brady going back to the NFL.

 

Sources tell FootballScoop new Carolina head coach Matt Rhule is interested in speaking with LSU’s Joe Brady about the offensive coordinator position with the Panthers.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-matt-rhule-interested-in-joe-brady-for-carolina-panthers-offensive-coordinator/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Since we play LSU next season, I welcome Brady going back to the NFL.

 

Sources tell FootballScoop new Carolina head coach Matt Rhule is interested in speaking with LSU’s Joe Brady about the offensive coordinator position with the Panthers.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-matt-rhule-interested-in-joe-brady-for-carolina-panthers-offensive-coordinator/

Whoa... two birds one stone?

If he could hire Riley as Co-OC that would complete the trifecta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I feel like as fans a lot of the time we freak out about recruiting and it is unwarranted. The brand is going to recruit itself. If this guy can develop and relate to players he will be just fine.

 

Whoa!!!....fans freak out?....are you crazy???

Everyone knows Texas fans are as calm and level headed as a Zen Master eating toast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

Herman is firing and hiring in an attempt to save his job.  As he should.

He is teetering and some very important people are not happy with how he and his staff have been outcoached.

Put me in that group of being very unhappy with him being out coached. Hopefully he gets a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

I feel like as fans a lot of the time we freak out about recruiting and it is unwarranted. The brand is going to recruit itself. If this guy can develop and relate to players he will be just fine.

Is there any evidence he can develop players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Is there any evidence he can develop players 

I would say that's an unknown since he's only been a position coach for one year.  I checked his page on the Rutgers site yesterday evening and they had already taken it down. Probably by the jerk, Greg Schiano.
 
This is a Chris Ash hire based on his belief in Jay and not by his resume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

Herman is firing and hiring in an attempt to save his job.  As he should.

He is teetering and some very important people are not happy with how he and his staff have been outcoached.

I have been waiting on a report from you.I am amazed that this has not gotten more "run" so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are reporting Texas interviewed Tosh Lupoi earlier in the week.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/tosh-lupoi

I remember one year replaced his defensive staff and Lupoi was a possibility. This would be a great hire.

 

In 2008, Lupoi was hired as a defensive line coach at his alma mater, University of California, Berkeley.[1]

Following his departure from California, Lupoi served as the defensive line coach for University of Washington from 2012 to 2013.

Lupoi then joined Alabama as a defensive analyst in 2014. He was promoted to outside linebackers coach in 2016 and defensive coordinator in 2017. Lupoi is highly regarded for his recruiting abilities.[2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

Herman is firing and hiring in an attempt to save his job.  As he should.

He is teetering and some very important people are not happy with how he and his staff have been outcoached.

Kinda seems like the reason he is replacing 8 of his 10 assistants, assuming Drayton heads to the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Is there any evidence he can develop players 

According to Rittenburg, Valai is known as a strong recruiter and for developing players well, but with only one year of experience as an on-field coach at any level, he doesn’t have a large body work. As a result, there is some risk with this potential hire with Herman trusting the judgement of Ash, who was fired after working with Valai for only four games.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/1/10/21060847/jay-valai-hire-texas-longhorns-cornerbacks-coach-rutgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

This guy seems legit in all of his interviews but it’s hard to get excited over another Rutgers coach, I’d rather keep Washington 

Multiple “quality control” positions instead of “CB/defensive backs coach” titles....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are reporting Texas interviewed Tosh Lupoi earlier in the week.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/tosh-lupoi

If he joins the staff, we won't lose any DL targets we have. Elite recruiter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...