Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

Since we play LSU next season, I welcome Brady going back to the NFL.

Sources tell FootballScoop new Carolina head coach Matt Rhule is interested in speaking with LSU’s Joe Brady about the offensive coordinator position with the Panthers.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-matt-rhule-interested-in-joe-brady-for-carolina-panthers-offensive-coordinator/

23 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Since we play LSU next season, I welcome Brady going back to the NFL.

Sources tell FootballScoop new Carolina head coach Matt Rhule is interested in speaking with LSU’s Joe Brady about the offensive coordinator position with the Panthers.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-matt-rhule-interested-in-joe-brady-for-carolina-panthers-offensive-coordinator/

Whoa... two birds one stone?

If he could hire Riley as Co-OC that would complete the trifecta. 

33 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I feel like as fans a lot of the time we freak out about recruiting and it is unwarranted. The brand is going to recruit itself. If this guy can develop and relate to players he will be just fine.

Whoa!!!....fans freak out?....are you crazy???

Everyone knows Texas fans are as calm and level headed as a Zen Master eating toast.

48 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

Herman is firing and hiring in an attempt to save his job.  As he should.

He is teetering and some very important people are not happy with how he and his staff have been outcoached.

Put me in that group of being very unhappy with him being out coached. Hopefully he gets a lot better. 

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

I feel like as fans a lot of the time we freak out about recruiting and it is unwarranted. The brand is going to recruit itself. If this guy can develop and relate to players he will be just fine.

Is there any evidence he can develop players 

27 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

I would say that's an unknown since he's only been a position coach for one year.  I checked his page on the Rutgers site yesterday evening and they had already taken it down. Probably by the jerk, Greg Schiano.

This is a Chris Ash hire based on his belief in Jay and not by his resume.

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

He is teetering and some very important people are not happy with how he and his staff have been outcoached.

I have been waiting on a report from you.I am amazed that this has not gotten more "run" so to speak.

5 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are reporting Texas interviewed Tosh Lupoi earlier in the week.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/tosh-lupoi

I remember one year replaced his defensive staff and Lupoi was a possibility. This would be a great hire.

In 2008, Lupoi was hired as a defensive line coach at his alma mater, University of California, Berkeley.[1]

Following his departure from California, Lupoi served as the defensive line coach for University of Washington from 2012 to 2013.

Lupoi then joined Alabama as a defensive analyst in 2014. He was promoted to outside linebackers coach in 2016 and defensive coordinator in 2017. Lupoi is highly regarded for his recruiting abilities.[2]

4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

Kinda seems like the reason he is replacing 8 of his 10 assistants, assuming Drayton heads to the NFL

3 hours ago, drgilbert said:

According to Rittenburg, Valai is known as a strong recruiter and for developing players well, but with only one year of experience as an on-field coach at any level, he doesn’t have a large body work. As a result, there is some risk with this potential hire with Herman trusting the judgement of Ash, who was fired after working with Valai for only four games.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/1/10/21060847/jay-valai-hire-texas-longhorns-cornerbacks-coach-rutgers

20 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

This guy seems legit in all of his interviews but it’s hard to get excited over another Rutgers coach, I’d rather keep Washington 

Multiple “quality control” positions instead of “CB/defensive backs coach” titles....

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are reporting Texas interviewed Tosh Lupoi earlier in the week.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches-roster/tosh-lupoi

If he joins the staff, we won't lose any DL targets we have. Elite recruiter.