Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

4 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Rumors are swirling that the Dallas Cowboys are going after him. Nobody turns down the Cowboys and he’s also reunited with zeke......he’s gone 

Not even remotely accurate.  Drayton may very well take the Cowboy's rb gig, but it won't affect Bijan.  Also, Drayton left the NFL to be an Asst HC with Herman to prep himself for a HC gig.  Going back to the Cowboys as a position coach only doesn't necessarily further that endeavor in my opinion.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Believe what you want. Strong tried to damage my university. He is a POS liar.... Also you must be one of these fans who are more loyal to coaches then the University. 

Trump laid the wood to that hoe... That is why he paid her off.. 

Wrong.  I'm an alumnus.  My money still goes to my university.

At least you aren't one of the gullible.  Some people still believe nothing happened.

20 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Rumors are swirling that the Dallas Cowboys are going after him. Nobody turns down the Cowboys and he’s also reunited with zeke......he’s gone 

You hate to see it

I'm hearing Drayton is being courted by both the Cowboys and the Rams. Probably just comes down to money I suppose.

And no, this will not cause BR to enter a portal. This is a reward for one's efforts, not a bad thing. Even still, BR was a good recruiting job although he whiffed on many others we went all in on in the past. Drayton is a good coach and won't easily be replaced. He wasn't that great at recruiting and we'll likely score an upgrade there in that respect.

39 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm hearing Drayton is being courted by both the Cowboys and the Rams. Probably just comes down to money I suppose.

And no, this will not cause BR to enter a portal. This is a reward for one's efforts, not a bad thing. Even still, BR was a good recruiting job although he whiffed on many others we went all in on in the past. Drayton is a good coach and won't easily be replaced. He wasn't that great at recruiting and we'll likely score an upgrade there in that respect.

It will likely be the Dallas cowboys 

If the Cowboys really want Drayton, you can expect Jerry Jones to open up the pocket book. He is known for paying coaches what it takes to get them on staff, or keep them on staff, when it is someone who the Cowboys really like.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/9/21058690/mike-mccarthy-bringing-in-stan-drayton-for-interview-as-cowboys-running-backs-coach

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

SHA, is your contact hearing anything about Samples coming back in some Asst Coach capacity if Drayton moves on?  Would seem like there's more room on the staff to make it happen and to add him as a Rainmaker recruiter for DFW.