Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

38 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Strong a good guy?   I bet the Louisville booster who's wife was getting banged by Charlie would disagree. Also telling a recruit he would have someone take the SAT for them is not what a good guy does. Strong is a POS..   And lets not even talk about all the fake BS he told Herbstreit so he could leak the BS and try yo hurt the University. Also when he tried to make his shitty performance about race.  F him...

Drop the🎙️.....

58 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Strong a good guy?   I bet the Louisville booster who's wife was getting banged by Charlie would disagree. Also telling a recruit he would have someone take the SAT for them is not what a good guy does. Strong is a POS..   And lets not even talk about all the fake BS he told Herbstreit so he could leak the BS and try yo hurt the University. Also when he tried to make his shitty performance about race.  F him...

You vehemently denied rumors about Drew Meringher when others on this board claimed to have heard otherwise, I hope you have your facts straight in regards to this post right here. I’ve never heard of any such things about Coach Strong and unless you have a level one source, sharing this info in this manner is irresponsible. I don’t believe any of this.

I don't know if any of this is true. I'm just glad Strong is gone. Should have never been hired in the first place. UT could have gotten a more experienced HC and saved us from more sh*t storms of losing seasons.

9 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

You vehemently denied rumors about Drew Meringher when others on this board claimed to have heard otherwise, I hope you have your facts straight in regards to this post right here. I’ve never heard of any such things about Coach Strong and unless you have a level one source, sharing this info in this manner is irresponsible. I don’t believe any of this.

The Mehinger stuff was BS and has been refuted by everyone...   Ask around about ole Charlie.... 

635920113276575882-Charlie-Strong-Tracy-

Serious question: What college head coach would you want your son to play for? Not worried about wins or losses here. Or the academics of the campus or anything like that. Just what coach do you trust the most to turn your son into the man you want him to be?

From what I've seen and read about coaches, my top picks would be Dabo Swinney, David Shaw, Chris Petersen, and Jeff Traylor to name a few. But at the end of the day I still might send my kid to Mack Brown.

Hugh Freeze? They might as well bring Art back.

With Matt Rhule set to take the Carolina Panthers job after one of the more impressive rebuilds in recent college football, one of the more attractive jobs in the Big 12 is now open.

For the past few weeks, the whisper in the profession has been that Baylor is likely to target Arkansas State’s Blake Anderson, Louisiana-Lafayette’s Billy Napier or former North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora if they go the external route. If they plan to promote from within, one would think Joey McGuire would be the guy.

The two other names we’ve heard mentioned as potential candidates are Seth Littrell and Hugh Freeze.

https://footballscoop.com/news/early-update-at-baylor/

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

Serious question: What college head coach would you want your son to play for? Not worried about wins or losses here. Or the academics of the campus or anything like that. Just what coach do you trust the most to turn your son into the man you want him to be?

From what I've seen and read about coaches, my top picks would be Dabo Swinney, David Shaw, Chris Petersen, and Jeff Traylor to name a few. But at the end of the day I still might send my kid to Mack Brown.

Skip Holtz

5 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

The Mehinger stuff was BS and has been refuted by everyone...   Ask around about ole Charlie.... 

635920113276575882-Charlie-Strong-Tracy-

It's a picture of CS and some lady.  Doesn't mean anything happened.

stormy-daniels-trump.jpg

35 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

It's a picture of CS and some lady.  Doesn't mean anything happened.

stormy-daniels-trump.jpg

Believe what you want. Strong tried to damage my university. He is a POS liar.... Also you must be one of these fans who are more loyal to coaches then the University. 

Trump laid the wood to that hoe... That is why he paid her off.. 

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Believe what you want. Strong tried to damage my university. He is a POS liar.... Also you must be one of these fans who are more loyal to coaches then the University. 

Trump laid the wood to that hoe... That is why he paid her off.. 

My bad.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Per IT Frank Okam is a STRONG candidate for DL coach. Also Carrier for WR coach.. Giles would move to DE coach. 

Okam with Giles would be solid. Carrier has a good track record from his time at West Virginia.