Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

2 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Great to see lots of young guys play well on defense last night.  Hopefully bodes well for next season and beyond.

Did you notice Chris Adimora? Kid played a helluva game. So glad he got the PT and could show his stuff. He knocked down a pass that would have otherwise been a TD.

3 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Great to see lots of young guys play well on defense last night.  Hopefully bodes well for next season and beyond.

To be honest Mike I'm still in shock. I couldn't believe how well they played light's out like that. Now if they can keep up playing with that kind of intensity level like that.. flood gates will open

52 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

To be honest Mike I'm still in shock. I couldn't believe how well they played light's out like that. Now if they can keep up playing with that kind of intensity level like that.. flood gates will open

The yoke of Todd Orlando was removed.

3 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Shouldn’t make rash judgements from just one game, he’s been on staff this entire time

Good point. Hard to know how much the overall defensive philosophy affected every defensive position individually and the coaches who handled them. It is clear however that the secondary was the most depleted by injuries on that side of the ball.

10 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Shouldn’t make rash judgements from just one game, he’s been on staff this entire time

I do not think it’s a rash judgment. He had the good sense to rush four or more most of the time last night. Very seldom did their quarterback have all day to find an open receiver. It looked like a brand new defense schematically.

Good ole Lane.

Ole Miss is hiring former Maryland coach D.J. Durkin as an assistant coach, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports.

This is Durkin’s first full-time job since his suspension, reinstatement and then subsequent firing without cause from Maryland in 2018. Durkin’s firing came in October 2018 in the aftermath of the death of Jordan McNair, who passed away from heatstroke in June 2018.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-ole-miss-hires-former-maryland-coach-dj-durkin-as-assistant-154846921.html

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What did he do to draw such a stiff sentence?

Ouch🤣,

I bet they also think they are getting Saban as an assistant coach as well!!!  While were at it Urban may need to be in the mix for an assistant.

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Aggy thinks they’ll get Brewster back

lol

Brewster has a home to retire to in NC. He is assistant HC under Mack, a title he'd never get at aggy. He left aggy to go to NC only to turn around a year later come back to aggy?

lol

2021 aggy recruit: "So when are you taking off again?" lol