Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

24 minutes ago, primal defense said:

That's who a lot of Ohio State fans wanted. More than Ash before we hired him.

Coombs has got a sterling reputation for developing DBs. I don't think he's ever been a DC before. I would love to have him here coaching our DBs but his name is so hot right now he'll likely land a DC job. Kids will like his NFL experience.

Coombs is getting up there in years. He has 35 years of coaching experience. That means Ash was 10 years old when Coombs began his coaching career.

1 hour ago, Bearded said:

Might add that he is still married to his wife today and the incident was a decade ago.

I’m glad they are still together and hopefully Major learned from his mistake.

Regardless of the personal life aspect when a “supervisor” has relations with a “subordinate” the entire organization is put at risk of severe legal ramifications.

I would be willing to bet there is a written document signed by Major and the University that states he is not eligible for future employment. As they say “it isn’t personal it’s just business”. 

16 hours ago, hornsups said:

It’s ok guys. Doesn’t matter if we lose another stud WR, this time in conference. CTH knows that his power spread offense is still the way to go. He knows that implementing an offense that could use a stacked WR room to open up the run game, that’s too easy. Geniuses like to take the harder routine. Let’s run it twice, get into 3 and 6 or more routinely and then throw it. You gotta run to set up the pass. This is just utter craziness. And it’s so bad it makes it seem like I’m actually against the guy as the head coach. I want the guy to succeed, it just seems like I want that more than he does. I mean he really is too smart for his own good. Pride goeth before the destruction. Herman is gonna either prove me & a lot of people wrong with this stubbornness & need to keep his offense. Or he’s gonna fall on his face & maybe take a life lesson he so needs from it. Time will tell. 

Herman is where he is because of his version of the power spread. I’m fine with him living or dying with it - it’s his identity.  

26 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I’m glad they are still together and hopefully Major learned from his mistake.

Regardless of the personal life aspect when a “supervisor” has relations with a “subordinate” the entire organization is put at risk of severe legal ramifications.

I would be willing to bet there is a written document signed by Major and the University that states he is not eligible for future employment. As they say “it isn’t personal it’s just business”. 

And perhaps that paperwork was signed and it is what it is.  But I don't see how hiring Casey Horny is ok but hiring Major Applewhite can't happen 

2 hours ago, DBut82 said:

And perhaps that paperwork was signed and it is what it is.  But I don't see how hiring Casey Horny is ok but hiring Major Applewhite can't happen 

a woman track coach at Texas at about the same time got fired for having an affair with a student trainer. UT got hit with a large discrimination lawsuit over her being fired and Major not.I suspect part of that settlement was the no Major forever clause.....but what do I know?

17 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

a woman track coach at Texas at about the same time got fired for having an affair with a student trainer. UT got hit with a large discrimination lawsuit over her being fired and Major not.I suspect part of that settlement was the no Major forever clause.....but what do I know?

Actually Kearney was having an affair with one of her athletes and possibly giving improper benefits like housing to said athlete. While I don’t condone Applewhite not keeping it in his pants he was not in a position of power or authority over the trainer in question. Sleazy and Shady and Wrong? Yes, Yes, Yes... unheard of nope 

2 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Hiring Horny is fine becoming Horny after being hired is a BIG NO NO. 
Sorry I couldn’t resist 😁

17 minutes ago, Johnstark23 said:

Actually Kearney was having an affair with one of her athletes and possibly giving improper benefits like housing to said athlete. While I don’t condone Applewhite not keeping it in his pants he was not in a position of power or authority over the trainer in question. Sleazy and Shady and Wrong? Yes, Yes, Yes... unheard of nope 

Wasn’t she a student trainer? 

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Didn't CDC say that Herman could hire anyone he wanted? That Herman had full autonomy.

Just now, Drb522 said:

She was a student and he was an employee of the university.  That’s what was wrong with it

I didn't say it was wrong or right. But we can derail this thread if you want. 

21 minutes ago, David Horn said:

Again lets get back to who are the offensive coordinator candidates at this time. Does anyone know ?

I don't know but I'm glad it isn't Harrell. His running to passing ratio was just skewed too far to the pass. I still like either Lashlee or the Memphis OC, I forget his name.

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

I don't know but I'm glad it isn't Harrell. His running to passing ratio was just skewed too far to the pass. I still like either Lashlee or the Memphis OC, I forget his name.

His offenses the last 3 years he was 40-45% run.  That’s not too unbalanced

Another site had an article by Anwar that Yurcich from Ohio State being considered. As the passing game coordinator/QB coach this year he seems to have had a positive affect on Fields. Don't know much more about him.

Sorry, wasn't sure how to post the link or even the rules about that sort of stuff.