Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

21 minutes ago, primal defense said:

LOL. It's been 40 years since Charlie coached at LSU.

Or anyone before or after Saban. lol

Point is – the group you described has a history of middle of the pack to cellar dweller reputation.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Or anyone before or after Saban. lol

Point is – the group you described has a history of middle of the pack to cellar dweller reputation.

Still doesn't change that Brady will have no trouble getting his big pay day. Budget problems or not.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Still doesn't change that Brady will have no trouble getting his big pay day. Budget problems or not.

And it's still a bad look for a very poor state with two teams who have historically underachieved.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You're in a small crowd there. 9 new starters this year. Injuries all over the place. Gee, why aren't they pitching a shutout today? lol

Injuries contributed no doubt. But you could also look at it like this - this is year 3  of coaching and recruiting under this coaching staff.  If you’re a “good program” I can buy a bump in the road for 9 new starters.  But this defense ranks as one of the worst in school history.  It’s a tough lot trying to defend that - new starters or not. 

Good win today.  

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

And it's still a bad look for a very poor state with two teams who have historically underachieved.

LSU doesn’t care what it looks like.  Winning is important to them.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IDK about that. The Saints spent 30 years as the league's doormat. Same cajuns seemed fine during the Charlie McClendon era at LSU.

That sleeping giant woke up in 2000ish, they will not let it die. If they could cheat in nfl for saints they would too. 

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

LSU had 7 straight loosing seasons in the 1990s. 
they state government nor the university nor its citizens give a rats ass about anything other than wining in football currently and in the future. 

2 hours ago, Drb522 said:

You wouldn’t want urban Meyer I bet.

Depends on how important winning is to you? If u don’t care about other things like ethics(even though he teaches this the the students of ohioSt), student safety, values, etc...then he would be a good choice 

9 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Make no mistake about, Urban Meyer is a lying, sleazy, low-life, scummy, douchebag. If you are okay with having a coach with little or no integrity, ethics, character or morals, then he would be a helluva coach.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Make no mistake about, Urban Meyer is a lying, sleazy, low-life, scummy, douchebag. If you are okay with having a coach with little or no integrity, ethics, character or morals, then he would be a helluva coach.

While we're at it, have Art Briles as OC. What a combo eh?  

sad jim carrey GIF

11 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Guilty. I also think he's a health risk. Bruce Feldman who covered the tech game said that Meyer would have to get on his knees during his last season because of his health.

I doubt CDC would want to hire him since he lied to his last AD about Zack Smith.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Guilty. I also think he's a health risk. Bruce Feldman who covered the tech game said that Meyer would have to get on his knees during his last season because of his health.

I doubt CDC would want to hire him since he lied to his last AD about Zack Smith.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with his health. He has simply used that as an excuse to get out of town before shit hits the fan.

44 minutes ago, primal defense said:

it looks like Charlie may not get a fourth year again. He would make a fine DC for us.:)

CHARLIE STRONG WATCH IN FULL EFFECT AS UCF EMBARRASSES USF

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/11/30/charlie-strong-watch-in-full-effect-as-ucf-embarrasses-usf/

Another guy that is not HC material. Muschamp may see the door too. Wouldn't mind Muschamp as a D coordinator.

10 hours ago, TheContractor said:

LSU had 7 straight loosing seasons in the 1990s. 
they state government nor the university nor its citizens give a rats ass about anything other than wining in football currently and in the future. 

lol, obviously you took a poll.

If I ever choose to speak for 5 million people, . . never mind.

13 hours ago, Drb522 said:

LSU doesn’t care what it looks like.  Winning is important to them.

Another poll taker, lol.

If I ever choose to speak for 5 million people, just pour me another and leave me alone. lol

49 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

OrangeBloods hearing Herman will start having individual meetings with staff members tomorrow once everyone is back in the office.

They anticipate up to three coaches being let go in the first round of firings.

Hope there is a 2nd round after bowl game 

Since the regular season is over, and Texas still has a bowl game left, I’ll give my informed speculation on what transpires with the coaching staff...  

Texas loses Tim Beck and Derek Wareheim. 
Todd Orlando’s job is safe, but he loses a couple of defensive staff members.

A few folks have asked me about Corby Meekins..  he stays on the staff in a different capacity.

Again, nothing concrete but this is what I heard as of tonight: