Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

TFloss32

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats pretty odd.

Okay, USC says he's staying. lol. Why isn't GRAHAM HARRELL saying he's staying? Until he does, it really doesn't matter what USC says.

I'm a fan of TFB, BUT, they've got into a dilemma of sorts. First, they report (and I shared it here) that CTH did not extend an offer to Graham Harrell during a meeting they had about the job. On the other hand, they keep reporting USC saying Harrell is staying . . . . well, was he offered a job or not? You can't hold both positions.

If you bet on both teams, you are more likely to win the  money. Just ask Pete Rose.

I have now seen Todd Graham's name listed as a possible defensive coordinator from two different sources. It makes sense in that he worked for CDC at Rice and Herb Hand was on his staff at Tulsa. On the hand, Graham hasn't been a defensive coordinator since 2005. Vince Young was at Texas last time was Graham was a DC.  

Plus Graham has a reputation of being an asshole and a jerk and I rather have someone else with a better resume. I don't like Bill Belichick, but if he wanted to be UT's DC then that would be great. Oh wait he's a cheater. Nevermind.

Just a feeling that the deal is done with Harrell adn Ash.  TH is waiting to announce it after NSD.  Herman thinks that he can swing the recruiting class without naming an OC or DC and this will give Harrell time to close out his job having not undermined USC recruiting class.  After that I think there will be an announcement.  I also think that ASH has been the guy all along for Herman.  

I truly believe that the cake is baked.  I cannot see Herman being this cool knowing that his job depends on it unless he already had the hires completed.  

Not saying its gonna happen, just a hunch.  I guess we will all find out whether my suspicions a true after NSD or if I need to back off on the crack cocaine. 

5 minutes ago, zion3d said:

Just a feeling that the deal is done with Harrell adn Ash.  TH is waiting to announce it after NSD.  Herman thinks that he can swing the recruiting class without naming an OC or DC and this will give Harrell time to close out his job having not undermined USC recruiting class.  After that I think there will be an announcement.  I also think that ASH has been the guy all along for Herman.  

I truly believe that the cake is baked.  I cannot see Herman being this cool knowing that his job depends on it unless he already had the hires completed.  

Not saying its gonna happen, just a hunch.  I guess we will all find out whether my suspicions a true after NSD or if I need to back off on the crack cocaine. 

IT saying this may be more advanced than they have reported. Sounds like something got done.

19 minutes ago, primal defense said:

BAKER MAYFIELD'S BEEFS: STORIES BEHIND THE SLIGHTS THAT MOTIVATE THE CLEVELAND BROWNS QB

What happened: The following summer in an interview with a Norman, Oklahoma, radio station, Mayfield ripped Ehlinger for suggesting after a Sugar Bowl win that Texas was back. "They said the same thing when they beat Notre Dame a couple of years ago, and they won like three games after that. I'm sick of that crap," said Mayfield before moving on to Ehlinger. "He couldn't beat Lake Travis, so I don't really care [about] his opinion on winning. ... He doesn't like me, and I hope he knows I don't like him either."

What you probably don't know: Murray has clashed with Ehlinger as well. After Texas won the 2018 Red River Showdown, Ehlinger says he told Murray "good game," which led to a heated exchange. The week of the rematch in the 2018 Big 12 championship game, Murray was asked whether he respected Ehlinger's game. Murray chuckled and offered a "no comment on that," then led the Sooners to victory.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28258920/baker-mayfield-beefs-stories-slights-motivate-cleveland-browns-qb

I don't give a shit. Especially since this is old news. Not to mention that it doesn't even have anything to do with coaching changes which is what this thread is about. 

South Florida fired coach Charlie Strong on Sunday after three seasons in which the Bulls won fewer games each year.

USF made the move two days after finishing a 4-8 season with a blowout loss to rival UCF. That left Strong 21-16 overall but 4-14 since starting the 2018 season with seven straight victories.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/college/article/AP-source-USF-fires-Charlie-Strong-after-14873979.php

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats pretty odd.

Okay, USC says he's staying. lol. Why isn't GRAHAM HARRELL saying he's staying? Until he does, it really doesn't matter what USC says.

I'm a fan of TFB, BUT, they've got into a dilemma of sorts. First, they report (and I shared it here) that CTH did not extend an offer to Graham Harrell during a meeting they had about the job. On the other hand, they keep reporting USC saying Harrell is staying . . . . well, was he offered a job or not? You can't hold both positions.

I said the same thing but got waylaid.

Off topic, but have all of you fellows finished all of your Christmas shopping?

My last purchase came two days ago, and the tamales that I ordered were delivered today. I ordered 4 dozen & wish I had ordered 6. 

On-line shopping has certainly helped this working woman finish Christmas shopping in a timely manner. 

I think that I am going to top off my grandson’s  Christmas with tickets to a Longhorn basketball game for the 3 of us. Hoping to catch a baseball game after. 

Hook ‘em!