Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

48 minutes ago, Baron said:

The only coaches that might be hired by an NFL team would come from big time programs and I just don't see Harrell being hired as the HC for a blue blood program. At least not for a couple of years. So if the domino effect does happen, I only see Harrell making a lateral move.

I will give you an example. The writers are always saying that the NFL likes Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. The NFL hires Ferentz then Iowa  hires hot head coach at lower level school. Lower level school hires Graham Harrell.

Well, I guess it is settled, CDC has now idea what he is doing, Herman is lost and the whole athletic department is clueless. Maybe we can find someone with the skill to be HC, AD, and University President to put us all at ease. Wonder if Jerry Jones is interested in a new gig?

16 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I will give you an example. The writers are always saying that the NFL likes Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. The NFL hires Ferentz then Iowa  hires hot head coach at lower level school. Lower level school hires Graham Harrell.

Sorry, but "maybe" and "if" just doesn't make much of an argument in my book.

Anyway, all I simply did was dispute what the USC people said, that he said no to Herman.

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

Sorry, but "maybe" and "if" just doesn't make much of an argument in my book.

Anyway, all I simply did was dispute what the USC people said, that he said no to Herman.

LOL. Sorry if it was too complicated for you. Harrell must still be making a decision on going to UT or USC. He may want to flip a coin like Chris Warren.

8 minutes ago, primal defense said:

LOL. Sorry if it was too complicated for you. Harrell must still be making a decision on going to UT or USC. He may want to flip a coin like Chris Warren.

Wow, stay classy Richard.

May this particular horse Rest In Peace. He died a very slow, painful death. 

Don’t take offense, I have had STAAR tests to monitor since Tuesday.  Almost over!  Next week finals.  That is definitely cruel and unusual punishment  

Hook ‘em!

I can relate Java. Giving similar math tests this week and also have finals next week. Add to that being surrounded by sooners gloating about another playoff appearance and it has me digging for any scrap of positive news about the Horns. This site is one of the few rays of sunshine up here in goonerville.lol

On 12/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, TFloss32 said:

As of about noon, The Football Brainiacs have had two USC sources telling them that everyone is confident that Graham Harrell will be staying.

The positive side of this is they haven't heard of Herman reaching out to any new offensive coordinator candidates.

Thats pretty odd.

Okay, USC says he's staying. lol. Why isn't GRAHAM HARRELL saying he's staying? Until he does, it really doesn't matter what USC says.

I'm a fan of TFB, BUT, they've got into a dilemma of sorts. First, they report (and I shared it here) that CTH did not extend an offer to Graham Harrell during a meeting they had about the job. On the other hand, they keep reporting USC saying Harrell is staying . . . . well, was he offered a job or not? You can't hold both positions.

If he was serious about staying he'd of said so. Longer this draws out  more I think he's leaving whether that's for us or waiting for a HC gig. Doesn't take this amount of time to announce a status quo decision. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats pretty odd.

Okay, USC says he's staying. lol. Why isn't GRAHAM HARRELL saying he's staying? Until he does, it really doesn't matter what USC says.

I'm a fan of TFB, BUT, they've got into a dilemma of sorts. First, they report (and I shared it here) that CTH did not extend an offer to Graham Harrell during a meeting they had about the job. On the other hand, they keep reporting USC saying Harrell is staying . . . . well, was he offered a job or not? You can't hold both positions.

There are some that think he is hiding his intentions because of the domino effect.

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: COACHES WHO NEED TO HIT HOME RUNS

TOM HERMAN 

Texas’ record regressed from 10-4 with a Sugar Bowl win in 2018 to 7-5 this season. The discontent in Austin was evidenced when the Longhorns dismissed several assistant coaches, including both the offensive and defensive coordinator.

You only get one chance at a place like Texas to make a change of this magnitude, so the time for head coach Tom Herman is now and it starts next week. Texas has a top 20 recruiting class with just 16 commitments, but many of the coaches who recruited those 16 prospects are now gone. The focus in this first signing period, then, is keeping that group together.

Top prospects like quarterback 

, five-star running back 

and Rivals100 wide receiver 

are top targets of other schools trying to flip their commitments from Texas. This class may not grow much next week, but success will be achieved if the Longhorns can hold on to their top commits

https://n.rivals.com/news/national-signing-day-coaches-who-need-to-hit-home-runs

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY: COACHES WHO NEED TO HIT HOME RUNS

TOM HERMAN 

Texas’ record regressed from 10-4 with a Sugar Bowl win in 2018 to 7-5 this season. The discontent in Austin was evidenced when the Longhorns dismissed several assistant coaches, including both the offensive and defensive coordinator.

You only get one chance at a place like Texas to make a change of this magnitude, so the time for head coach Tom Herman is now and it starts next week. Texas has a top 20 recruiting class with just 16 commitments, but many of the coaches who recruited those 16 prospects are now gone. The focus in this first signing period, then, is keeping that group together.

Top prospects like quarterback 

, five-star running back 

and Rivals100 wide receiver 

are top targets of other schools trying to flip their commitments from Texas. This class may not grow much next week, but success will be achieved if the Longhorns can hold on to their top commits

https://n.rivals.com/news/national-signing-day-coaches-who-need-to-hit-home-runs

Bojan Robinson is not going anywere  

46 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Y'all needs to chill... GH is busy trying to recruit Texas players to USC.

Seriously, I like how close to the vest this staff is able to keep stuff.

I like how the pay sites are so desperate to be the first to know something that they throw stuff on the wall hoping it sticks.  

Agreed. At this point, I think it just makes a ton more sense to announce anything until after NSD 1. Hopefully we get Harrell, but I'm just assuming we won't hear anything until after NSD.