Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

19 hours ago, primal defense said:

Per Pete Thamel in Tuscaloosa: 

A source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday that LSU officials engaged Brady about a raise and contract extension during LSU’s bye week. LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value – think in the neighborhood of $1.5 million – and could have a deal by the end of the regular season. (Brady makes $400,000 on his current deal.) The source noted the importance of LSU keeping Brady, who has been the season’s breakout coaching star.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/10/report-says-lsu-preparing-hefty-raise-for-joe-brady-in-bid-to-keep-key-assistant-coach/

LOL, this is not going to go over well with the cajuns. The state of Louisiana is in financial trouble. While some areas of government have to cut back and lay off, this guy is handed $1.5 mil.

lol, okay.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

LOL, this is not going to go over well with the cajuns. The state of Louisiana is in financial trouble. While some areas of government have to cut back and lay off, this guy is handed $1.5 mil.

lol, okay.

It would be nice if that's the case, however this is the state of Louisiana and LSU football. When the late Cole Pittman committed to UT, he received threats from the good people of Louisiana.

We met a couple of LSU fans earlier this year and I don't think they would care. In fact one of them can probably give some facts and figures on why it's a good investment.:)

25 minutes ago, primal defense said:

It would be nice if that's the case, however this is the state of Louisiana and LSU football. When the late Cole Pittman committed to UT, he received threats from the good people of Louisiana.

We met a couple of LSU fans earlier this year and I don't think they would care. In fact one of them can probably give some facts and figures on why it's a good investment.:)

None of that matters when you're lacking money. If this coach gets 1.5 mil, its coming from alumni donations. And it will still look bad.

15 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Ketchum thinks Beck is gone and Fedora is the new OC right after the Tech game.  

Will Herman still be calling the plays?  If so, then what's the point?

19 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Ketchum thinks Beck is gone and Fedora is the new OC right after the Tech game.  

Didn't Brainiacs report that Fedora and Texas parted ways?

Quick updates that 247 has put out there...

- "substantial changes" are coming, Herman has identified his top offensive coordinator target and will move quickly after Friday's game against Tech.

- the potential hire will not be a slam dunk, as he's current employed by a school that could take bold measures to keep him in place.

- it is thought the first two calls will go to LSU's Joe Brady and USC's Graham Harrell.

- don't be surprised if Tim Beck is gone, partially to spend more time with family.

- as many as four offensive assistants could be reassigned, or let go altogether.

- on the defensive side, Todd Orlando is the only coach who isn't on a yearly contract.

Appears to be the season of conjecture with the only constant being that changes are inevitable. 

Questions for those in the know, do the replacements being mentioned have ties to Texas?

Didn't Robinson indicate that a loss of Beck would impact his ultimate decision?

My guess is that Herman wants to keep Orlando as his DC. The only problem is if the defense looks bad against Tech than Herman will make a change.

A good performance and Herman can say the problem was injuries. We've gone from 117th in total defense to 105th. At least that's an improvement.

5 hours ago, primal defense said:

My guess is that Herman wants to keep Orlando as his DC. The only problem is if the defense looks bad against Tech than Herman will make a change.

A good performance and Herman can say the problem was injuries. We've gone from 117th in total defense to 105th. At least that's an improvement.

105th should still be considered a problem

I cannot tell you how perplexed I am at the entire focus of a "fix" lies on the offensive side of the ball. As if the defense and special teams are A-OK?

This is a trend with Longhorn fans… We despise Greg Davis and laud Will Muschamp as the coach and waiting? Why do Longhorn fans tend to love their defensive coaches but loathe  those on offense?

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Tom will not call plays next year. Take it to the bank.

He took over playcalling in year one, but retained the OC. Not Mensa 

if this game keeps on pace he may be drawing a check for not coaching

14 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I cannot tell you how perplexed I am at the entire focus of a "fix" lies on the offensive side of the ball. As if the defense and special teams are A-OK?

This is a trend with Longhorn fans… We despise Greg Davis and laud Will Muschamp as the coach and waiting? Why do Longhorn fans tend to love their defensive coaches but loathe  those on offense?

Exactly.  

On 11/27/2019 at 5:09 PM, Baron said:

Joe Brady should be a consideration

I figured Texas would take a run at this guy. The LSU offensive improvement is stunning. 

Since Brady's probably coaching 6 more weeks, timing a real challenge, if he'd even consider. Based on LSU's O performance, sure would be sweet if CDC could pull that one off.

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

You're in a small crowd there. 9 new starters this year. Injuries all over the place. Gee, why aren't they pitching a shutout today? lol

On 11/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

None of that matters when you're lacking money. If this coach gets 1.5 mil, its coming from alumni donations. And it will still look bad.

who will it look bad too? the people of Louisiana who care about nothing other then the success of LSU and staints? nope. the administrators of Lsu who the university and the states doesnt give a shit about? nope. 

LSU will pay anyone to help them win, hs player, family, hs coach, college coach, etc

44 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

who will it look bad too? the people of Louisiana who care about nothing other then the success of LSU and staints? nope. the administrators of Lsu who the university and the states doesnt give a shit about? nope. 

LSU will pay anyone to help them win, hs player, family, hs coach, college coach, etc

IDK about that. The Saints spent 30 years as the league's doormat. Same cajuns seemed fine during the Charlie McClendon era at LSU.