Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Based on reading all the tea leaves I don't think we're going to hear anything on OC or Dc hires until after the bowl game.

I figured  they would try and get someone on board prior to early signing day next week.  Of course waiting longer to get the right guy is the right move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Lol LSU needs a dc now too. At some point him waiting so long can rub candidates the wrong way. They will move on and he will be left with no one. 

I don't understand your hurry, DBook. Money and opportunity rub candidate the right way. Nothing wrong with doing his due diligence. I don't want him to hurry. I want him to get it right.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't understand your hurry, DBook. Money and opportunity rub candidate the right way. Nothing wrong with doing his due diligence. I don't want him to hurry. I want him to get it right.

 

I just want us to get a coach so that we can continue recruiting, it doesn’t matter who we hire if our recruiting goes to crap. You think Bijan is gonna sign when we don’t even have a OC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

I just want us to get a coach so that we can continue recruiting, it doesn’t matter who we hire if our recruiting goes to crap. You think Bijan is gonna sign when we don’t even have a OC?

Ok so... we hurry up the search for OC/DC to secure recruiting. Maybe screw up the search because it was rushed. Have another 7-5 year without development. Those recruits enter the transfer portal and aren't on the roster anyway. We screw up 2021 recruiting as well. That's a short sided view. If Bijan isn't signing with Texas this month, he's waiting it out. So you would still have time for your new hire to pitch him. And you have shown him that you took the hiring process seriously to find the right guy to have the offense clicking. Or you can rush it, that OC possibly fires Stan Drayton, Bijan decides to wait until NS2 anyway. A rushed hire isn't what's needed right now. It's about making sure that we get the right guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is preposterous to wait until after the bowl season to hire coordinators. I know if I was on the hot seat like Herman is, I would be making the hires and together we would be flying around the country shoring up this recruiting class and trying to add quality recruits to it. This is just me.......Everybody has a different view 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest PleaseDeleteUser

Maybe TH already has his guys. And they specifically asked to wait until after bowl season. No way to know so just have to be patient. Hell head coaches get fired after bowl season and teams recover. In face if TH can't get it done, my guess is he won't survive. Robinson may already know who the new OC is for all we know. Lots of assuming but I'm not panicking yet. Just have to let it play out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TexCoyote said:

It is preposterous to wait until after the bowl season to hire coordinators. I know if I was on the hot seat like Herman is, I would be making the hires and together we would be flying around the country shoring up this recruiting class and trying to add quality recruits to it. This is just me.......Everybody has a different view 

This is true, the only kids that will sign early are the kids that truly wanna be Longhorns, that’s great and all but we need to recruit, in order to do that successfully we need to get some excitement in the program and get these coaches hired. We saw over the summer with all the recruiting momentum that recruiting is all about perception, and lately it’s been all bad news. We need to give these kids something to believe in. Let’s go hire the best we can and develop these guys over the summer. Those that think waiting after the bowl game to hire coaches are simply wrong, doing your homework is one thing, but being slow footed and letting opportunities pass you by is another. Can’t be lethargic and win, you’ve gotta go all out and give yourself the best chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Scotty Walden from USM is someone we need to look at as a OC. Dude is a fast riser and he will be big time soon. I've seen him at some clinics and his presentations are more packed than most P5 OC's presentations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

So you assume the recruits know who will coach them. Assuming the recruits won't mind is also a lot of assuming.

I did say I assume.  No they don’t know.  If they are truly considering Texas then you can only think they can wait or go somewhere else.  Most kids know that the coach that recruits them could possibly not be there their entire Time in college. Those that are waiting have two opportunities to sign.  If Herman doesn’t have the staff in place by NSD1, there’s always Feb 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

It is preposterous to wait until after the bowl season to hire coordinators. I know if I was on the hot seat like Herman is, I would be making the hires and together we would be flying around the country shoring up this recruiting class and trying to add quality recruits to it. This is just me.......Everybody has a different view 

You do realize it’s not necessarily what Herman wants.  The chosen candidates could say they’ll be ready to announce after their current teams bowls.  That’s most likely the scenario.  If it’s Harrell it’ll be announced after USC’s bowl game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

This is true, the only kids that will sign early are the kids that truly wanna be Longhorns, that’s great and all but we need to recruit, in order to do that successfully we need to get some excitement in the program and get these coaches hired. We saw over the summer with all the recruiting momentum that recruiting is all about perception, and lately it’s been all bad news. We need to give these kids something to believe in. Let’s go hire the best we can and develop these guys over the summer. Those that think waiting after the bowl game to hire coaches are simply wrong, doing your homework is one thing, but being slow footed and letting opportunities pass you by is another. Can’t be lethargic and win, you’ve gotta go all out and give yourself the best chance.

If you truly want the candidate you have to honor their requests if they make it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I don’t care if Saban is coaching them up, if you don’t have the best players, you won’t win championships.

They go together. To get the best players, you gotta have good coaches. We had very good players this year and how has that turned out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

You do realize it’s not necessarily what Herman wants.  The chosen candidates could say they’ll be ready to announce after their current teams bowls.  That’s most likely the scenario.  If it’s Harrell it’ll be announced after USC’s bowl game

It’s exactly what Herman wants. For the amount of money that is rumored to be offered, he’s not going to wait for them to coach a bowl game of an 8-4 team (USC). If a coach wants to do that Herman can just move on. There’s multiple people out there that can run a highly successful offense that would take $2M per year. None of these guys come with a guarantee anyway. It’s all a risk. I’m just saying if I was making Herman’s money and wanted to continue to make that kind of money, I’d get the best possible guy hired and we’d be on a plane nonstop talking to recruits until this first signing day is past. We’ve already had several recruits decommit. Just my opinion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 #15 Texas vs. Rice

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
Austin, TX
7:00 PM Kickoff - LHN


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    10/2
    @TCU
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...