Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wednesday

That's what I've been thinking.  Let conf championship and bowl talk wind down then make the announcement.  Would get a lot of airtime about the hires 1 week before NSD1.  Could give some great momentum in the final week 

25 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Missouri: Source tells FootballScoop Drink has offered to retain several of Barry Odom’s staff. We are told defensive line coach Brick Haley, safeties coach Ryan Walters and defensive backs coach David Gibbs are all expected to remain on staff at this time.

The Football Brainiacs are hearing that Odom was in Dallas at the same time as Herman recently, but their source wouldn't confirm if there was an interview.

Odom is supposedly a candidate for the open Memphis job, but they should be hiring an offensive guy.

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are hearing that Odom was in Dallas at the same time as Herman recently, but their source wouldn't confirm if there was an interview.

Odom is supposedly a candidate for the open Memphis job, but they should be hiring an offensive guy.

That's not what this says.

A source close to the Memphis football program told Sports Illustrated Odom is the clear top candidate to replace Mike Norvell (as reported earlier by multiple outlets, Norvell is leaving to take over at Florida State). The source also stated that Odom has the support of several influential Memphis boosters, so I’d be stunned if an announcement wasn’t coming in the very near future. 

https://www.si.com/college/virginiatech/football/breaking-barry-odom-top-candidate-replace-mike-norvell-memphis-will-not-replace-bud-foster-virginia-tech

56 minutes ago, primal defense said:

A source close to the Memphis football program told Sports Illustrated Odom is the clear top candidate to replace Mike Norvell (as reported earlier by multiple outlets, Norvell is leaving to take over at Florida State). The source also stated that Odom has the support of several influential Memphis boosters, so I’d be stunned if an announcement wasn’t coming in the very near future. 

https://www.si.com/college/virginiatech/football/breaking-barry-odom-top-candidate-replace-mike-norvell-memphis-will-not-replace-bud-foster-virginia-tech

You're correct and it was never confirmed exactly why Odom was in Dallas. CTH was there to take in the SLC vs DV game, as far as we know.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

Here is a more recent update as that report is from two days ago.

45 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Well if tomorrow is the big day, I’d Sure would like some more smoke today! Lol

I heard on the radio that someone behind a pay wall was saying this could go into next week. Granted this is third person at best, but it just seems like something Coach Mensa would do. This process will let us know if Herman has done any self examination.