Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

7 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Damn, I just read something about the coaching search over on Surly from the poster CloseToJumping that makes sense. Just want to make sure that it's okay to copy and paste the actual post here before I do it since it's on a public forum over there. 

I’m not an authority here… But I believe you’re OK if it is not behind a pay wall.

I don't think Morris was ever on CTH's radar.

No news on GH yet. If CTH starts interviewing other candidates, it probably means GH declined. However, lots of smoke to suggest he hasn't declined.

Circling back to Pete Golding from Bama. The more I read, the more I like. Was told he is the Lincoln Riley of defense, great football mind, young and up and coming. Saban let a guy go so he could promote Golding to DC to keep OU from hiring him. Golding was OU's first choice to replace Mike Stoops.

Its looking like Ash is the fall back guy or something. CTH is interviewing a candidate today. This one won't be in Austin.

Scalley's name remains in the mix. However, you will not hear anything on this until after Utah is done.

Thats what I know right now.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Why?  Morris was never a candidate here...  You seem panicked..

Yes I am panicked, lots of schools are looking for coordinators right now. We need to do something before we get left behind.

30 minutes ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

That plane is owned by N1235L LLC. According to the FAA, that entity’s address is located on Millers Bridge Road in Tallahassee. According to the Leon County Property Appraiser, that same address is a home owned by John T Burnett. Tallahassee local news reports indicate John “J.T.” Burnett is currently under indictment for being involved in a public corruption/bribery case. 

Kim Rivers, the CEO of Trulieve (a medical marijuana business in Florida), is a co-owner is the home on Miller’s Bridge Road.

2 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

That plane is owned by N1235L LLC. According to the FAA, that entity’s address is located on Millers Bridge Road in Tallahassee. According to the Leon County Property Appraiser, that same address is a home owned by John T Burnett. Tallahassee local news reports indicate John “J.T.” Burnett is currently under indictment for being involved in a public corruption/bribery case. 

Kim Rivers, the CEO of Trulieve (a medical marijuana business in Florida), is a co-owner is the home on Miller’s Bridge Road.

So Burnett it is!!!

Barry Odom is traditionally a 3-4 guy but Missouri ran the 4-2-5 last year some im interested to know what defense he’d want to run in Austin. If we got his DC Ryan Walters too that would make it a sweet deal