Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not going to happen with GH. Kingsbury had several years as a HC before the NFL came calling. GH hasn't had his first HC job yet.

By contrast, Chad Morris would spend every minute at UT as a potential candidate for a lot of jobs. So I don't like the choice. 

Morris would be my plan J or K.

Here's another one from the Arkansas staff . . . would you get excited over John Chavis as DC?

No way on Chavis for me

27 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not going to happen with GH. Kingsbury had several years as a HC before the NFL came calling. GH hasn't had his first HC job yet.

By contrast, Chad Morris would spend every minute at UT as a potential candidate for a lot of jobs. So I don't like the choice. 

Here's another one from the Arkansas staff . . . would you get excited over John Chavis as DC?

HELL NO, he is bad bad. I’d rather have Orlando 

I prefer Graham Harrell and hope their no more interviews for offensive coordinators. The people who like Chris Ash should like Chad Morris. Both won a National Championship as offensive coordinators and failed as head coach.

Morris turned former Baylor transfer G.J. Kinne into a star at Tulsa, then mentored Deshaun Watson into a future first-round draft pick and Pro Bowler at Clemson. He would only get one year with Sam Ehlinger, but one would have to think he could have a positive effect on the Westlake product's game. 

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/texas-football-looking-for-an-oc-why-not-give-chad-morris-a-call

1 minute ago, primal defense said:

I prefer Graham Harrell and hope their no more interviews for offensive coordinators. The people who like Chris Ash should like Chad Morris. Both won a National Championship as offensive coordinators and failed as head coach.

Morris turned former Baylor transfer G.J. Kinne into a star at Tulsa, then mentored Deshaun Watson into a future first-round draft pick and Pro Bowler at Clemson. He would only get one year with Sam Ehlinger, but one would have to think he could have a positive effect on the Westlake product's game. 

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/texas-football-looking-for-an-oc-why-not-give-chad-morris-a-call

Wasn’t Kinne only a Texas transfer?  Maybe I am forgetting his route to Tulsa.

25 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I’ve reached my limit on anticipating these hires. Hopefully we get some kind of news tomorrow, if Harrell is not in, then move on.

I don’t think anyone out there is a clear cut option at OC or DC. Should do 3+ interviews at both spots. Go SEARCH for the best possible guy! Common Tom 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Absolutely no on Chavis. He does not like to recruit. His time is up.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Doubt it

Agree. CTH and Hand had a conversation with the guy at the Ennis game, who is a close friend of Hand's. A certain website took that to mean Lashlee was the guy and based on that only. Nevermind GH's dad was coaching in that game and JoJo Earle (a 2021 recruit) was playing.