Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FWIW... and bear with me on this... Each week I receive the Forty Acres Insider from Chris Del Conte. I replied back to it the week after Iowa State with some constructive comments and sugge

Graham Harrell just started following a bunch of Texas recruits. 

Per 247, Stan Drayton texted multiple players last night to inform them he is staying at Texas.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, primal defense said:

What is his motivation to come to UT as OC? LSU would and could match any $. The only reason I can think of is the tremendous challenge.

I would think the OC money at Texas is more than the PGC/WRC money at LSU. Plus it's another skin on the wall if he is successful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Baron said:

I would think the OC money at Texas is more than the PGC/WRC money at LSU. Plus it's another skin on the wall if he is successful.

I thought Brady was the OC since he's been getting all the praise including being named one of the top assistant coaches. I suppose LSU will give him a better title and money.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Pete Thamel in Tuscaloosa: 

A source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday that LSU officials engaged Brady about a raise and contract extension during LSU’s bye week. LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value – think in the neighborhood of $1.5 million – and could have a deal by the end of the regular season. (Brady makes $400,000 on his current deal.) The source noted the importance of LSU keeping Brady, who has been the season’s breakout coaching star.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/10/report-says-lsu-preparing-hefty-raise-for-joe-brady-in-bid-to-keep-key-assistant-coach/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, primal defense said:

Per Pete Thamel in Tuscaloosa: 

A source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday that LSU officials engaged Brady about a raise and contract extension during LSU’s bye week. LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value – think in the neighborhood of $1.5 million – and could have a deal by the end of the regular season. (Brady makes $400,000 on his current deal.) The source noted the importance of LSU keeping Brady, who has been the season’s breakout coaching star.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/10/report-says-lsu-preparing-hefty-raise-for-joe-brady-in-bid-to-keep-key-assistant-coach/

Well, looks like the LSU OC will be looking for a job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why would CDC vet a coach? That's Herman's job. It's CDC's job to vet what Herman does.

I think Samples' return is a must. And if you hire Samples, why keep Mehringer.

IDK, I think you hire coaching first, recruiting second. We need improved coaching – netting on the field results. Gimme someone proven to be an offensive guru.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IDK, I think you hire coaching first, recruiting second. We need improved coaching – netting on the field results. Gimme someone proven to be an offensive guru.

The AD hires the head coach. The HC should vet and hire his own staff. I guess I didn't make myself clear, the AD only gets involved when things aren't going right, that's what I meant by vetting the HC's hiring decisions.

Samples did a decent job at SMU this year, they have three receivers with over 500 yds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baron said:

The AD hires the head coach. The HC should vet and hire his own staff. I guess I didn't make myself clear, the AD only gets involved when things aren't going right, that's what I meant by vetting the HC's hiring decisions.

Samples did a decent job at SMU this year, they have three receivers with over 500 yds.

Maybe CDC is getting the ball rolling and doing the background work so Herman can concentrate on this short weeks game.

Byw, that wasnt meant to sound condescending, but rather a legitimate option as to why CDC is doing something like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why would an AD usurp a coach's choice of candidates? Not many HC's would allow someone else to choose all of their assistants. 

I dont know, I've never been an AD or a college HC.  Have no clue to the inner workings of that one on one relationship.  Maybe it was Herman's list and CDC said he would help until after Friday.  That doesn't seem far fetched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IDK, I think you hire coaching first, recruiting second. We need improved coaching – netting on the field results. Gimme someone proven to be an offensive guru.

It will looks like Jeff Scott can do both.

 Was a finalist for the 2018 Broyles Award as one of the top assistant coaches in the nation.

Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation by Rivals and as ACC Recruiter of the Year by 247Sports in 2018.

 

Big question is if he can do it on his own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, primal defense said:

It will looks like Jeff Scott can do both.

 Was a finalist for the 2018 Broyles Award as one of the top assistant coaches in the nation.

Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation by Rivals and as ACC Recruiter of the Year by 247Sports in 2018.

 

Big question is if he can do it on his own.

My big question is the same you asked. Why would he leave Clemson for Texas? And why wouldn't Clemson shower him with money to stay?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 OT
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53
    10/24
    Baylor
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    11/7
    West Virginia
    11/21
    @Kansas
    11/28
    Iowa State
    12/5
    @Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...