Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

If Harrell declines to remain with Helton who appears to definitely be on a 1 year deal, what does it say about the belief for Herman's future? Just does not make a lot of sense to me. Restore the Longhorn offense to a dominant level and he could write his ticket.

23 minutes ago, primal defense said:

If you look at his front page web site, it looks like he doesn't know.

Is USC OC Graham Harrell In or Out?Texas has reportedly offered USC offensive coordinator Graham Harrell more than two million a year for three years. Will the Trojans offer him more?

https://uscscoop.com/

If USC were to match the UT offer, it would have to be a little more than what they're paying Helton when you figure in taxes and cost of living.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Typical Texas fan says let's open up the checkbook and get the best we can. But if we actually do it, it's like what, are we are crazy or something? SMDH. 

I have never said anything of the sort. Thought it was nuts when they gave Orlando 1.7 million.... think it’s crazy that they are paying Tom Herman 5 million without a national title. 

4 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

If Harrell declines to remain with Helton who appears to definitely be on a 1 year deal, what does it say about the belief for Herman's future? Just does not make a lot of sense to me. Restore the Longhorn offense to a dominant level and he could write his ticket.

I would take a pay cut to get out of California.  People in California are just weirdos.  Spray painting grass green, rolling blackouts, can never water your grass.  Plus the people kind of act like aliens.  Just flat out weird.  

Was told today that we"ll know yes or no before midnight on Saturday. Said UT's offer was on the table, Herman and GH already met face to face, and now it's USC's turn to counter. However, my gut feeling is if we don't hear something by tonight GH will be staying in Cali- that's just imo tho. 

Helton only makes 3.8 and is dead man walking. So HC staying is a wash. I doubt USC would match, but even so think he'd come unless he just can't stomach wearing burnt orange. My concern is if he was coming seems he'd make his decision by today. 

22 minutes ago, wadster said:

Helton only makes 3.8 and is dead man walking. So HC staying is a wash. I doubt USC would match, but even so think he'd come unless he just can't stomach wearing burnt orange. My concern is if he was coming seems he'd make his decision by today. 

Most of us could stomach a lot for 2M+...except maybe working for Art Briles. 

1 hour ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Was told today that we"ll know yes or no before midnight on Saturday. Said UT's offer was on the table, Herman and GH already met face to face, and now it's USC's turn to counter. However, my gut feeling is if we don't hear something by tonight GH will be staying in Cali- that's just imo tho. 

Has to be coming quick. I wonder if CDC has also met with Harrell to try to recruit him.

But the longer this plays out the better for USC. You don’t drag your feet long for a coaching job you’re excited to accept. 

Herman shouldn’t lose these coaching recruiting battles. I don’t think he’s a dead man walking like Strong was in that OC hiring fiasco. Go close this guy. 

OrangeBloods reporting Chris Ash is interviewing for the open DC position in Austin today.

There are least three other names being looked at, and Herman intends to interview them all, but Ash is the guy to beat.

GH has talked to two schools about their vacant HC position, in addition to the Texas offer as OC here, plus there's USC's counter offer which hasn't happened yet.

IMO, Texas will give him the weekend to decide and then move on if he's undecided or declines.

As a HS DC, I am more interested in who fills that role for Texas next year. It may be false confidence in Herman's offensive acumen but I believe he could put together a highly qualified staff to handle that side of the ball. The DC position/staff to me is critical to both his and the program's long term success. That said, I'm hoping for Harrell to come over to the good guys quickly.

A little friction with our afternoon interwebbing today . lol . . .

Instead of insulting a female reporter with the male sexual reference, Anwar should probably just thank Estes for forcing him to check his info for accuracy. 

17 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

A little friction with our afternoon interwebbing today . lol . . .

Instead of insulting a female reporter with the male sexual reference, Anwar should probably just thank Estes for forcing him to check his info for accuracy. 

Good enterntainment!:)

Image result for meow gif