Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
TFloss32

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Where are you seeing this? No one else seems to be seeing the same thing.

Twitter, go check his follows, I looked yesterday and there were some he wasn’t following and he is now

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

247 reporting the result of yesterday's meeting with Graham Harrell is a three year, guaranteed deal worth $6.5 mil.

Harrell has returned to Los Angeles before making a decision.

The Football Brainiacs are also hearing the offer will be in the $2 mil ballpark, and that he's "very likely" to take the job because it's too good to pass up and he can get back to Texas.

35 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Twitter, go check his follows, I looked yesterday and there were some he wasn’t following and he is now

Who are you seeing as his most recent follow?

I'm seeing Kyle Slovis.

I'm not seeing anyone remotely related to UT recruiting.

35 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

The Football Brainiacs are also hearing the offer will be in the $2 mil ballpark, and that he's "very likely" to take the job because it's too good to pass up and he can get back to Texas.

Jesus..... 2 million dollars for an OC ? Are people out of their Fricking minds ?

6 minutes ago, Bearded said:

Jesus..... 2 million dollars for an OC ? Are people out of their Fricking minds ?

Yes

thats what majority of schools(especially to the East of us) are willing to blatantly cheat. Penalty isn’t more than a slap on the wrist and payoff is $$$,$$$,$$$.$$$

9 minutes ago, Bearded said:

You have to spend money to make money.:)

UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS FOOTBALL MORE PROFITABLE THAN MOST NFL TEAMS

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2016/8/22/12584762/university-of-texas-football-more-profitable-than-most-nfl-teams-college-football-revenue-profit

41 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Does anyone know if Harrell will have a say on his OL coach or is it Hand? One down and one to go.

He's in until he's not I'd imagine. I've heard GH would be able to run his offense with all the controls . . but I'd imagine CTH will retain the ability to hire staff.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

Who are you seeing as his most recent follow?

I'm seeing Kyle Slovis.

I'm not seeing anyone remotely related to UT recruiting.

Twitter does not work as most recent, it just shows those that you follow and the profile that you’re looking at too. Yesterday when I looked he was not following Parr, Dorbah, majors, or Connor but now he is.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not sure why unless they're just not getting good info.

Brainiacs say CTH is looking at two on the Georgia staff, Dan Lanning and Glen Schumann. They are co-DCs there and both are being looked at. Schumann was on Saban's staff at Bama and was the first coach hired by Kirby Smart when he went to Georgia. Lanning is a young guy who also coaches LBs. Texas would have no problem topping Georgia's pay. In fact, Orlando made more than Mel Tucker while he was there.

Another name is Mizzou's DC Ryan Walters who many think would be a good fit here.

Apparently, Saban is looking at hiring Barry Odom for his DC. That would free up current Bama DC Pete Golding. 

Brainiacs say if Texas is talking to Ash at all, its because they whiffed on their primary targets.

Don't think I want an SEC DC.  I want a DC who has shown success against Big 12 type offenses. Texas, ou, and lsu have chewed up SEC defenses. CS was a good DC in the SEC. 

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Inside Texas and OB have said the offer floating around to Harrell is false at this point.

14 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Inside Texas and OB have said the offer floating around to Harrell is false at this point.

But TFloss didn't say the offer was made. He specifically said "will be"

And it only makes sense. You don't want your OC being hired away in Year 2 if you can help it.