Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Changes, Rumors, Misc.

TFloss32

8 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

You can like Urban or hate Urban, but when he says someone is one of the best recruiters he’s ever been around......you got to listen to that. Urban really recruited well

Chris Ash is exciting but give me Kerry Coombs to work with Sterns, Overshown, Chris Brown, Jalen Green, Anthony Cook, and Josh Thompson. If these guys can freaking get developed oh my gosh we'd be so damn good.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

247 seems convinced Ash will be the DC. 

Not sure why unless they're just not getting good info.

Brainiacs say CTH is looking at two on the Georgia staff, Dan Lanning and Glen Schumann. They are co-DCs there and both are being looked at. Schumann was on Saban's staff at Bama and was the first coach hired by Kirby Smart when he went to Georgia. Lanning is a young guy who also coaches LBs. Texas would have no problem topping Georgia's pay. In fact, Orlando made more than Mel Tucker while he was there.

Another name is Mizzou's DC Ryan Walters who many think would be a good fit here.

Apparently, Saban is looking at hiring Barry Odom for his DC. That would free up current Bama DC Pete Golding. 

Brainiacs say if Texas is talking to Ash at all, its because they whiffed on their primary targets.

6 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Pete Golding doesn't make sense. He was a DC for one year and Saban wants an upgrade. Hard to get excited over a Saban reject.

There's no word CTH is even a considering Golding. He's just available if Saban hires Odom. I mentioned this because Odom's name has repeatedly come up.

I will remind you that Saban hasn't rejected anybody yet and the only thing we know is that Golding was Saban's choice to run his defense.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

There's no word CTH is even a considering Golding. He's just available if Saban hires Odom. I mentioned this because Odom's name has repeatedly come up.

I will remind you that Saban hasn't rejected anybody yet and the only thing we know is that Golding was Saban's choice to run his defense.

I understand. I'm thinking of Major Applewhite. He was another coordinator that was one season and out under Saban.

47 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not sure why unless they're just not getting good info.

Brainiacs say CTH is looking at two on the Georgia staff, Dan Lanning and Glen Schumann. They are co-DCs there and both are being looked at. Schumann was on Saban's staff at Bama and was the first coach hired by Kirby Smart when he went to Georgia. Lanning is a young guy who also coaches LBs. Texas would have no problem topping Georgia's pay. In fact, Orlando made more than Mel Tucker while he was there.

Another name is Mizzou's DC Ryan Walters who many think would be a good fit here.

Apparently, Saban is looking at hiring Barry Odom for his DC. That would free up current Bama DC Pete Golding. 

Brainiacs say if Texas is talking to Ash at all, its because they whiffed on their primary targets.

Odom is probably going to V Tech with his buddy. 

24 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

247 reporting the result of yesterday's meeting with Graham Harrell is a three year, guaranteed deal worth $6.5 mil.

Harrell has returned to Los Angeles before making a decision.

Whoah that’s a lot of loot. Also it means that CDC is giving Herman at least two more years

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Nothing Harrell does can help me forget about his pass to Crabtree.😫

I don't want to derail the talk about coaches, but I'm reminded of the saying "if ifs & buts were beer & nuts, we'd have one hell of a party".

I believe if the Harrell / Crabtree and the Dareus plays had gone differently, we would have 2 more NCs, but I can stomp with my burnt orange boots, as much as I want, the outcome isn't changing.😠