Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
HornSports Staff

*****GAME THREAD: Texas Longhorns @ #13 Baylor Bears*****

it seems like every qb we play against has an all world game, they throw the ball exactly where it needs to be and the DB is right where he should be and they just make the play. geez i've never seen so many accurate qb's in the big 12. alot of gamers in this conference and I don't think its just poor play by the longhorns, we suck, just giving credit to some really good passers in our league.

Where is the RPO today? Why are we not running Sam in short yardage? Why are we running long developing routes with no check downs? Do we not have any slant routes in the playbook? What about having a TE sit down a yards down field?

This offense is supposed to be predicated on the threat of the QB run on every play. Yet we see none of that.

Just now, Captain Hookem said:

Where is the RPO today? Why are we not running Sam in short yardage? Why are we running long developing routes with no check downs? Do we not have any slant routes in the playbook? What about having a TE sit down a yards down field?

This offense is supposed to be predicated on the threat of the QB run on every play. Yet we see none of that.

Ive seen him throw his check downs on 3rd down almost everytime, and its come up short pretty much everytime. The rest are good questions, i was thinking the same thing about the slants.

14 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Sam was exactly what this program needed at the exact time.  He was a charismatic leader that rallied the guys to play hard and win a few they shouldn’t.  He’s never been a real accurate passer though.  When your playcalling is awful and the defense makes you one dimensional he will not beat decent to good teams with his arm.  He’ll make a decent to good showing, but he’s no Colt in the passing game.  

Drb.....think you may be right about that assessment.

22 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

I will honestly be surprised if Sam doesn't get beat out in the spring. I surely hope that Herman doesn't just give him the job. Right now I would just like to see Casey Thompson come in.

No reason that position shouldn’t be up for grabs.   

1 minute ago, aUTfan said:

I'm sorry,  i'm not a former coach, why in the F@#K does one throw the f##king ball short of the 1st down when you are down by 21 points and its 3rd down?

Damage control rather than going for an implausible win.  

8 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I think they have to get rid of Herb Hand too. This is a total domination by Baylor’s front 

I wouldn't throw out Hand yet... he's proven elsewhere he can coach. 

However in replacing Beck the new OC should have the option of replacing anyone he wants. 

Just now, Captain Hookem said:

I wouldn't throw out Hand yet... he's proven elsewhere he can coach. 

However in replacing Beck the new OC should have the option of replacing anyone he wants. 

Auburn fans were happy he left, just saying

I thought we had a chance when we cut it to 14 but too little too late. 

Why even call a freaking timeout to run that play. I can hear Herman at the PC when asked about the last play. “We are always going to continue to work on things and try and correct mistakes”