Jump to content

Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
HornSports Staff

*****GAME THREAD: Texas Longhorns @ #13 Baylor Bears*****

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

 

True, not going to argue with you, it's all opinion, its just an eye test from watching the games this year. it can come back to the recruits being over rated or a substandard coaching staff, one or the other. But he did miss a wide open receiver earlier in this baylor game and hes missed several in key moments. he missed one wide open in the LSU game, would have been a touch down. Keep watching, I"m sure he will miss another wide open receiver, he usually throws high on those and hes not going to be pressured anymore then any other qb is.

I go back to my earlier point... what are his numbers with Collin on the field? 

Not saying Sam is perfect all the time, but sometimes he throws balls to empty space that looks like a receiver was supposed to be there. In those situations I'm going to assume a young receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

What unit is good?  Seriously?

good question, i would have to defer, my attitude has been pretty negative since the TCU loss and nothing since then has changed my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

I go back to my earlier point... what are his numbers with Collin on the field? 

Not saying Sam is perfect all the time, but sometimes he throws balls to empty space that looks like a receiver was supposed to be there. In those situations I'm going to assume a young receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be. 

my point was just made although this one was way under thrown and typical pressure for a qb. Interception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I repeat....

Goals and predictions:

Preseason: CFP birth, contend for a NC

Next Lower Bar: Win Big 12

Next Lower Bar: Winning record vs Texas schools

Next Lower Bar: ??   Dont worry guys Hermans got it all figured out.  We have RapeU right where we want them.  Now if we can get to page 3 in this thread we can be in harmony with the points Hermans offense has scored.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

I totally agree. But I think a lot of it has to do with how Tom is calling the games. We are being out coached every single week. Even in wins it feels like we are out coached. Sam is def not what he was. 

Sam was exactly what this program needed at the exact time.  He was a charismatic leader that rallied the guys to play hard and win a few they shouldn’t.  He’s never been a real accurate passer though.  When your playcalling is awful and the defense makes you one dimensional he will not beat decent to good teams with his arm.  He’ll make a decent to good showing, but he’s no Colt in the passing game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

I will honestly be surprised if Sam doesn't get beat out in the spring. I surely hope that Herman doesn't just give him the job. Right now I would just like to see Casey Thompson come in.

I don't believe Sam is the problem. He was angry last week over those last three play calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, Drb522 said:

Sam was exactly what this program needed at the exact time.  He was a charismatic leader that rallied the guys to play hard and win a few they shouldn’t.  He’s never been a real accurate passer though.  When your playcalling is awful and the defense makes you one dimensional he will not beat decent to good teams with his arm.  He’ll make a decent to good showing, but he’s no Colt in the passing game.  

i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

I will honestly be surprised if Sam doesn't get beat out in the spring. I surely hope that Herman doesn't just give him the job. Right now I would just like to see Casey Thompson come in.

I hope another coach picks the qb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

my point was just made although this one was way under thrown and typical pressure for a qb. Interception.

I think my point was made when they threw it to Eagles twice in short yardage situations, both incomplete. That's where we really miss Collin.

Besides, Sam has had a problem getting the ball deep all year. He's thrown a few balls he wanted deeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...