Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

HornSports Staff

*****GAME THREAD - Texas Longhorns @ Iowa State Cyclones*****

2 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Fire the Whole freakin staff.  Tom goes balless on our last offensive possession and couldn’t get a single first down. Our run blocking sucked. I’m sooo freakin pissed at this underachieving coaching staff. They suck. 

Agree. I'm done with mensa. He was a splash in the pan with a short HC career. He has had 3 years and is another "Charlie Strong" There is not one coach on the staff that can coach. F Herman. 

From my perspective, I'm not suprised. We all knew coming into the season that this game would be one of our toughest of the season. Iowa St lost to OU in the waning seconds of their game – in Norman.

The off sides was unforgivable. I don't think he would have made that kick.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From my perspective, I'm not suprised. We all knew coming into the season that this game would be one of our toughest of the season. Iowa St lost to OU in the waning seconds of their game – in Norman.

Well, nobody got the chance to see him miss that kick.

Like seriously Sam was the entire reason the team had the lead. But with 4 minutes left in the game Herman decides to take the ball out of Sam's hands, proceed to gain 3 yards, and give the ball back. Genius. I'm really getting sick of this staff coaching this team out of ball games. I get it; lots of drops and horrible defense. But even with all that they were in position to win the game. Until, of course,  this staff decides that really wasn't in their best interests. Unbelievable. All this talent and can't get out they're own way.  Changes need to be made...

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I’m surprised. We have better talent and should have won. We were out coached and that is very upsetting 

Herman out coaches himself..when your team is on the road you take points anyway you can get them .passing up fg opprotunities is just dumb. He has to be held accountable for the decisions made during the game and the product on the field.

48 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

Herman just said they weren't outcoached. I mean I get it,what's he supposed to say? But he was outcoached...on top of lack of execution. We averaged 2.1 ypc. That's not gonna get it done

Well, if he said it it must be true because he is smarter than all of us.  Pisses me off we are probably going to splinter our recruiting class further and possibly lose the big time RB.