Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Injury update: Iowa State week

Junior Angilau out with an MCL injury and is week-to-week. Herman says best case scenario for his return is Baylor game.

Collin Johnson tweaked his hamstring on the last drive.  He’s being treated “aggressively” and will be reassessed midweek.

Chris Brown’s arm fracture has healed faster than he anticipated but doctors have cleared him to play with a cast on.  He will play this week against the ‘Clones.

McCulloch getting better each day.

DeMarvion Overshown and Jordan Whittington were cleared prior to Kansas State but neither played.  Both players are overcoming pain/soreness and like McCulloch, will play if they continue to improve this week.

12 hours ago, 83Dee said:

It appears the injuries played a much bigger role in the inept play on defense than I had thought.  KState game looked much, much better.   

This injury report makes things look even more sunny.   

I hope you're right. But Iowa State is a much more potent offense and bigger test than K-State. That's where you'll get a real answer if things have improved.

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

I hope you're right. But Iowa State is a much more potent offense and bigger test than K-State. That's where you'll get a real answer if things have improved.

Before all the injuries we gave OU and LSU all they could handle.....after all the injuries we could barely beat Kansas and lost to TCU. I think the injuries came into play more than we thought.

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

This isn’t really a injury question… But here goes: has Moore, the slot receiver, been kicked off the team or is he expected back next season?

Nothing official, but I think he was suspended indefinitely. I've been told he won't be back.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Nothing official, but I think he was suspended indefinitely. I've been told he won't be back.

I'd be willing to bet he goes away quietly like DeMarco Boyd.

17 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Before all the injuries we gave OU and LSU all they could handle.....after all the injuries we could barely beat Kansas and lost to TCU. I think the injuries came into play more than we thought.

Offensively we gave LSU all they could handle.  Burrow started his heisman campaign against our defense.  Anybody that thought that outing was great defensively was good needs to be emotionally evaluated

Sounds like Collin Johnson may only play limited snaps, if at all, in Ames on Saturday. Didn't practice this week but is travelling with the team.  Hamstring still giving him problems.

Whittington is still dealing with pain and, while he has been cleared, I don't think he plays on Saturday.

15 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Sounds like Collin Johnson may only play limited snaps, if at all, in Ames on Saturday. Didn't practice this week but is travelling with the team.  Hamstring still giving him problems.

Whittington is still dealing with pain and, while he has been cleared, I don't think he plays on Saturday.

Collin seems to have caught his brother's injury bug this season.