Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****TEXAS vs. KANSAS STATE GAME THREAD*****

15 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

It wasn’t the prettiest win ever but it was a win and I’ll take it. Nice effort by our team. We just need to clean some stuff up and make a push in these last few weeks 

The next three are games that this team can win, but yes, there were too many stupid penalties and mistakes today that need to be corrected in order to come away from those games with Ws.

I was at the game and just got home after a nice post game dinner of beef fajitas!

I have to admit after K-state scored to make it 14-0 I was prepared for a long day. However you have to give credit to the D for only allowing 3 pts after that. They also had some major hits today which I was glad to see.

The Texas RBs both kicked some major arse today with major help from the OL. Ingram ran all over the K-state D and did you see my avatar's impressive hurdle over the K-state defender? How can you not love #2! Kid has MAJOR heart!

Welcome back Sam, glad to see the TCU game was not the norm.

The Johnson catch on the K-state sideline looked impressive live. That young man can play.

Big win for the Horns, glad to see the team from September back on the field!

I was at the game, as well.  After those first 2 K State drives and being down by 14, I was worried that the team might start to throw in the towel.  After that point our offense outscored their offense 27-3.  I hope this is a new start for the team, similar to the way they finished the last season.  Tom Herman is now 3-0 against K State.

We saw a flea flicker this afternoon. I'm still waiting for a halfback pass from Roschon.

On a side note, I this was the 1st game that I have attended in the last 3 years.  I really enjoyed Bevo Blvd.  I was invited to a couple of tailgates, but I spent my time before the game outside of the stadium.  Hats off to CDC.

8 hours ago, lshorn79 said:

I was at the game, as well.  After those first 2 K State drives and being down by 14, I was worried that the team might start to throw in the towel.  After that point our offense outscored their offense 27-3.  I hope this is a new start for the team, similar to the way they finished the last season.  Tom Herman is now 3-0 against K State.

We saw a flea flicker this afternoon. I'm still waiting for a halfback pass from Roschon.

On a side note, I this was the 1st game that I have attended in the last 3 years.  I really enjoyed Bevo Blvd.  I was invited to a couple of tailgates, but I spent my time before the game outside of the stadium.  Hats off to CDC.

Herman 3 and 0 against KSt. Now that is a great improvement over the last 15 years of being owned by the purple.

12 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

is something wrong with Sam? He just doesnt seem like the same guy from earlier in the year. I hope he isnt hurt.

Humility maybe?   Maybe telling the world we’re back after beating an overrated Georgia team was the wrong thing to do.  Great teams don’t have to announce they’re great, their play reflects it.  

59 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Humility maybe?   Maybe telling the world we’re back after beating an overrated Georgia team was the wrong thing to do.  Great teams don’t have to announce they’re great, their play reflects it.  

I agree and that kind of stuff drives me nuts. But...that cockiness makes Sam, Sam. I felt today he seemed timid not humble.
As much as I hate it in opposing teams players I want Sam to keep that bravado. 

24 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I agree and that kind of stuff drives me nuts. But...that cockiness makes Sam, Sam. I felt today he seemed timid not humble.
As much as I hate it in opposing teams players I want Sam to keep that bravado. 

Yep, I will never understand why people don't want our players to be extremely confident almost to the point of being cocky. 

Its ok to talk the talk if you can walk the walk.

I live in rural area and after the first quarter I was ready to go Urban.

After watching Alabama implode in first half it made Texas play vs LSU look much better.

Still thibk Baylor might have made a better choice.

t

10 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Its ok to talk the talk if you can walk the walk.

I live in rural area and after the first quarter I was ready to go Urban.

After watching Alabama implode in first half it made Texas play vs LSU look much better.

Still thibk Baylor might have made a better choice.

t

F^*k  Urban