Find results in...

Official HornSports “Let’s Talk Booze” thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the next one I'm going to try.  Have tasted the Balcones (loved it) and the 1835 (take it or leave it), saving the Garrison Brothers for awhile.  After tasting the Balcones, I'm going to keep t

I drink beer. When I occasionally drink hard liquor it’s Johnny Walker Black ,a double on the rocks with a lime twist.But a side story. My grandfather was born in 1899 and grew up obviously durin

I have to let ya'll in on a hell of a bargain that may not stay that way.....Has anyone tried the Aberfeldy 12 yr old single malt? It is very goos in my opinion and it sells at Specs and Total Wine fo

Posted Images

On 11/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, Aaron Carrara said:

Getting into bourbon more and more, so this thread will help.  I’m an old-fashioned guy still trying to perfect them.

Visit the Republic Street Bar next time you're in Ft. Worth and have Nancy mix you a Buffalo Trace old-fashioned with her homemade bitters and candied orange slices. Best I've ever had!

Bonus - Panther City BBQ is right next store.

I found out yesterday that I may have the opportunity to buy some Pappy's 10-year that was bottled back in 2010.  I'm curious about how much someone would be willing to pay for what amounts to a 20-year old bottle of Pappy's because the guy that I'd be getting it from hasn't given me a price yet and I'd like to have an idea before I make any kind of commitment.  Anybody have a ballpark figure?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, utparothed said:

I found out yesterday that I may have the opportunity to buy some Pappy's 10-year that was bottled back in 2010.  I'm curious about how much someone would be willing to pay for what amounts to a 20-year old bottle of Pappy's because the guy that I'd be getting it from hasn't given me a price yet and I'd like to have an idea before I make any kind of commitment.  Anybody have a ballpark figure?

@joeywa might be able to help you.

11 hours ago, utparothed said:

Sounds like it’s the 10 yr, the Old Rip Van Winkle and is the youngest of the Van Winkle line out of Buffalo Trace.  And just because it was bottled in 2010 doesn’t mean it’s now a 20 yr bourbon. While it may be 20 yrs old, it hasn’t aged and taken on the aging characteristics from the barrel by spending an additional 10 yrs in the bottle. 

These run between $550-650 on secondary.   Retail is ~$70/bottle. 

I wouldn’t say it’s not worth an escalated price, but I personally wouldn’t pay $500 for it.