Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

It’s Texas - OU Week

2 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Let it begin.

Have to agree with him here...but hoping Orlando can bring a pass rush this week.  Not sure if no rush/blitz was by design vs sofa burners, or if we just couldn’t pressure the QB.

OU hasn't really played anybody thus far in the season. The upgrade in the level of competition should be out of the norm to them.

IMO, key to this game is making Jalen Hurts uncomfortable, sack him, force him into mistakes. We'll need to rent a pass rush to do this. However, IMO, the jury is still out on OU's OL.

I'm encouraged that we nabbed 4 INTs against WV. They throw about as much as OU does. 

And – we need to get healthy.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OU hasn't really played anybody thus far in the season. The upgrade in the level of competition should be out of the norm to them.

IMO, key to this game is making Jalen Hurts uncomfortable, sack him, force him into mistakes. We'll need to rent a pass rush to do this. However, IMO, the jury is still out on OU's OL.

I'm encouraged that we nabbed 4 INTs against WV. They throw about as much as OU does. 

And – we need to get healthy.

I've about given up on getting healthy.

9 hours ago, Soonershooter said:

Let’s see you beat Pokes by 6 at home. Tech beat them by 10 and OU beat Tech by 39. So by you saying we haven’t played anybody is obtuse. You played LSU at home the whole country saw how that turned out..

I'm impressed with the meth math (42 - 31 = 6?). 🤔

11 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Q: If you have a car containing a Sooners wide receiver, a Sooners linebacker, and a Sooners defensive back, who is driving the car?

A: The cop.

Oklahoma Sooners SI Cover Collection | SI.com

No need to show this to our backup QB:D 

14 hours ago, Soonershooter said:

Let’s see you beat Pokes by 6 at home. Tech beat them by 10 and OU beat Tech by 39. So by you saying we haven’t played anybody is obtuse. You played LSU at home the whole country saw how that turned out..

You judge by score comparisons. Thats how we know you're 12. I did that when I was 12, too. How long has your dad been gone to the store? You probably should log out while you can. lol

14 hours ago, Soonershooter said:

Since we're playing title by numbers, what was the problem at Kansas? lol

I think KU exposed you and revealed just how weak your schedule has been. Looking forward to facing your rent-a-QB. He's no Murray.

For sure it will be a hard contested game. Texas will need to get some breaks to slow down OU,S offense. Most offensive positions favor OU. And OU off. line holds better.

Most deffensive positions favor Texas.

IMO, WV's middle DL was tougher than OU's will be. OU will be without possibly both starting OTs. They're using a back up kicker. And Kansas showed how soft the OU DL can be.

The key, IMO, will be our pass rush. Can we generate one? And then contain Hurts, keeping him locked up in the pocket? Hurts is the second leading rusher on their team right now. There are plays designed for him to run the ball.

One thing I do like is the progress our CBs are making although they'll face no doubt at least equal the amount of talent as they did with LSU this week. We also get a little healthier this week. 

OU gets penalized a lot. We need to take advantage of those situations and turn them into punting situations.

A turnover or three will go a long way in this game.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, WV's middle DL was tougher than OU's will be. OU will be without possibly both starting OTs. They're using a back up kicker. And Kansas showed how soft the OU DL can be.

The key, IMO, will be our pass rush. Can we generate one? And then contain Hurts, keeping him locked up in the pocket? Hurts is the second leading rusher on their team right now. There are plays designed for him to run the ball.

One thing I do like is the progress our CBs are making although they'll face no doubt at least equal the amount of talent as they did with LSU this week. We also get a little healthier this week. 

OU gets penalized a lot. We need to take advantage of those situations and turn them into punting situations.

A turnover or three will go a long way in this game.

To contain Hurts we need to play our ends in an outside technique, have the nose slant to occupy the center and a guard. Two traditional inside LB's. One should be free to spy Hurts. I'm not that concerned with a pass rush, we've survived for the most part without one this year.