• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

21 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Calling some upsets this week.

Maryland will upset #6 Iowa.

KSU would have upset OU had their QB stayed healthy. Now, not so much.

Miss State will upset aggy.

Baylor will upset Okie State.

LSU upsets Auburn.

Arkansas is too beat up to upset Georgia at home, IMO.

I just can't agree with the Baylor pick. The game vs Iowa St was one of those fluke wins. Iowa St outgained rape U 479 to 282. Ebner's two returns and Purdy's interception were the difference. Okie lite will drop them out of the top 25.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I just can't agree with the Baylor pick. The game vs Iowa St was one of those fluke wins. Iowa St outgained rape U 479 to 282. Ebner's two returns and Purdy's interception were the difference. Okie lite will drop them out of the top 25.

Okie St has some troubles of their own. Unless they get better QB play, they are vulnerable.

I'm thinking rape u just turned the corner and is now a contender again. Iowa St has been a disappointment thus far, so maybe that win by Baylor wasn't what it initially looked like.

I read a good piece today on changing conferences. It talked about Arkansas' last year in the SWC. It talked about aggy's last year in the Big 12, and MIzzou, and Nebraska, Colorado, etc.

Former players who played on those teams talked about how every team they faced was giving them their best game, talking chit during the game, running up scores, fans talking trash, throwing stuff at them, etc. Arkansas' HC then said their game with UT was supposed to have the normal State Trooper guards for he and his staff. At the end of the game, troopers were standing outside the locker room door. When staff came out to go to bus, Troopers told staff they were on their own, they were leaving. lol 

Writer said there's no way Texas and OU go through two years of that.

For the record, we are 1-0 on the Farewell Tour and pretty much had our way with them. So far, so good.

Here's hoping we do have something else to celebrate after the OU game, besides the big win I mean.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I read a good piece today on changing conferences. It talked about Arkansas' last year in the SWC. It talked about aggy's last year in the Big 12, and MIzzou, and Nebraska, Colorado, etc.

Former players who played on those teams talked about how every team they faced was giving them their best game, talking chit during the game, running up scores, fans talking trash, throwing stuff at them, etc.

Writer said there's no way Texas and OU go through two years of that.

For the record, we are 1-0 on the Farewell Tour and pretty much had our way with them. So far, so good.

Here's hoping we do have something else to celebrate after the OU game, besides the big win I mean.

That was a good article. The most surprising thing for me was the DPS abandoning the Arky coach at the locker room.

22 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Calling some upsets this week.

Maryland will upset #6 Iowa.

KSU would have upset OU had their QB stayed healthy. Now, not so much.

Miss State will upset aggy.

Baylor will upset Okie State.

LSU upsets Auburn.

Arkansas is too beat up to upset Georgia at home, IMO.

Agree with all except the Baylor/Okie St. While I do not believe OSU is as good as expected, I do think they will perform at home and beat a Baylor team coming off a big emotional win. Expect a bit of a let down.

13 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Looking like Manny _iaz might not make it to the end of the season.

Did you see how the game ended? Miami kicked a field goal for the win, a 30-yarder. Kicker hit it wrong and it hit the crossbar and bounced back out. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. lol

It was a nice comeback for Miami. Just couldn't close the deal. Virginia walked off the winner.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Did you see how the game ended? Miami kicked a field goal for the win, a 30-yarder. Kicker hit it wrong and it hit the crossbar and bounced back out. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. lol

It was a nice comeback for Miami. Just couldn't close the deal. Virginia walked off the winner.

Yep, they just seem like a snake bit team this year.