Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If you're at home, tune into MNF. A Bills player just dropped to the turf. They began performing CPR on him. An ambulance was called in. Seems pretty serious.

I think they're trying to determine whether or not to continue the game.

I was cringing when I seen that

2 hours ago, 605Longhorn said:

Game has been postponed. NFL made the correct choice 

NFL told the teams 5 minutes to warm up and resume. The coaches got together and went to the locker rooms. Seems that the NFL chose to resume the game. Bad look.

3 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

The worst part of the hit seemed to be that the runners' helmet hit him square in the chest. Seen that tackle a million times. Afraid to even speculate on what could have happened. 

There is a very rare occurrence known as Commotio Cordis when someone takes a blunt force to the chest area. The impact, at just the wrong place at just the wrong time can cause a potentially fatal arrhythmia. Most likely what happened here.

Sounds like they did get to CPR pretty quickly and he did regain a pulse. Young, healthy guy with quick CPR and a quick return of pulse has a good chance of doing well.

Lots of speculation based on the little known currently of course.

So something similar happened in HS baseball years ago. Catcher got hit in just the right spot for his heart to stop and now they are required to wear extra padding in or underneath their chest protectors. 

I assume Hamlin got hit with just the right amount of force in the right spot to go into cardiac arrest. Crazy and sad situation. 

19 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

There is a very rare occurrence known as Commotio Cordis when someone takes a blunt force to the chest area. The impact, at just the wrong place at just the wrong time can cause a potentially fatal arrhythmia. Most likely what happened here.

Sounds like they did get to CPR pretty quickly and he did regain a pulse. Young, healthy guy with quick CPR and a quick return of pulse has a good chance of doing well.

Lots of speculation based on the little known currently of course.

If I'm not mistaken, Chris Pronger of the NHL had this happen to him. He returned a few weeks later and played an additional 10-12 years in the league and got elected to the HOF. Hopefully he can have a similar fate.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

If I'm not mistaken, Chris Pronger of the NHL had this happen to him. He returned a few weeks later and played an additional 10-12 years in the league and got elected to the HOF. Hopefully he can have a similar fate.

Hockey (puck to the chest) and baseball are the most common sports where this happens. Can be a punch to the chest as well. It's a 1 in a million (if not more) type of a thing where the impact is in the right spot and exactly the right moment in the electrical cycle of the heart to trigger the arrhythmia. 

Quick CPR is the most important thing with any arrest, followed by quick return of a pulse. In this case, it does seem like both of those things happened pretty quickly.

17 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Hockey (puck to the chest) and baseball are the most common sports where this happens. Can be a punch to the chest as well. It's a 1 in a million (if not more) type of a thing where the impact is in the right spot and exactly the right moment in the electrical cycle of the heart to trigger the arrhythmia. 

Quick CPR is the most important thing with any arrest, followed by quick return of a pulse. In this case, it does seem like both of those things happened pretty quickly.

Heard that it happens about 30 times a year across all sports.

• Administrators
Just now, texbound said:

I love it!!!!  The hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.  Man, if Evan Stewart does not enter the portal now then he never will and will be Aggy for life.

Honestly wondering why they didn't just wait for the portal to close before announcing it.