Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
TFloss32

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

17 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I love all bowl games. I watch as many as I can. After all, it will be 8 months or so before we see this again.

That said, one thing I've noticed in many of these games is the crowds are pretty small. I didn't use to see that through the years as most games would get good support from each team's fans, at least.

I do not think there are too many bowl games. If you'll notice, most of the early bowl games are for the smaller schools. I think there's a place for those and most of those games are pretty exciting.

I can't put my finger on the why. But the crowds are smaller than Ive ever seen them. Perhaps those announcers get the sense of lack of interest just from looking out of their booths?

I don't think it helps when you have some players who opt out of playing in these bowl games. It just gives a sense of disposability to these games that really shouldn't exist. Me, I think it's a hot opportunity for a young guy to step up.

I too like to watch as many of the bows as I can but that's probably because I'm a football junkie. The crowds seem to have been diminishing over the past 5-10 years to me. Might be similar to the phenomenon that has been happening with baseball attendance. 

The motivation angle that I'm talking about is from the tv announcers that seem to be hammering it for every game that is not competitive or less so than expected. Just seems to me that it is mentioned more this year after last year's Sugar Bowl. Of course, that could just be the color of my glasses.lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Don't care for Baylor's all-green unis tonight. Yellow numbers and logo. Baylor's unis are always better when they make the yellow a accent color and use white.

I was sure Ga would beat bailor handily. Earlier today I heard Ga would have 12 people out. Looks like Ga is still able to have their way anyway.

46 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

I was sure Ga would beat bailor handily. Earlier today I heard Ga would have 12 people out. Looks like Ga is still able to have their way anyway.

They are obviously motivated to play in the Sugar Bowl this year.😉

11 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

They are obviously motivated to play in the Sugar Bowl this year.😉

Yes, but Baylor doesn’t want to be there and treated this bowl experience “like a vacation”😁  can you imagine the aggy/sec boards reaction to that being put  out there?  Only the sec can use lame excuses for losses, if anyone else would attempt this BS they would just claim they “curbed stomped” the other team from a weak conference.  Try and lose with dignity sec clowns.

Did anyone else notice how many times the announcers compared C. Brewer to S. Ehlinger last night? I'm sure the Baylor fans were happy about that!

Speaking of Brewer, hope the young man is OK. He looked out after that hit. Not good if he has had 2 concussions that close together.

11 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Did anyone else notice how many times the announcers compared C. Brewer to S. Ehlinger last night? I'm sure the Baylor fans were happy about that!

Speaking of Brewer, hope the young man is OK. He looked out after that hit. Not good if he has had 2 concussions that close together.

Definitely dazed, he has had multiple big hits and concussions over the last few seasons.  Hope he recovers well.  My wife used to babysit him and his siblings years ago, so she likes to see him do well.  I have trouble with the fact that he suits up for Baylor and am not quite on board hoping they win😐

54 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Definitely dazed, he has had multiple big hits and concussions over the last few seasons.  Hope he recovers well.  My wife used to babysit him and his siblings years ago, so she likes to see him do well.  I have trouble with the fact that he suits up for Baylor and am not quite on board hoping they win😐

I just read if he does have a concussion (sure looked like it to me) it will be his 3rd this season and 4th overall. If true, he may want to do like Ash did and retire from football. Your health is way more important than a game.

I still remember his dad scoring on that QB draw against Bama in the Cotton Bowl.

12 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I just read if he does have a concussion (sure looked like it to me) it will be his 3rd this season and 4th overall. If true, he may want to do like Ash did and retire from football. Your health is way more important than a game.

I still remember his dad scoring on that QB draw against Bama in the Cotton Bowl.

My first thought when the announcers mentioned the number of concussions he's had was about Ash situation. Difficult decision for the young man but certainly something he needs to consider for his long term health I'd think. 

22 minutes ago, primal defense said:

I agree with Smart. I thought it was stupid when Herman got his bath on Tuesday.

GEORGIA'S KIRBY SMART LOOKED MAD OVER GATORADE BATH FOLLOWING SUGAR BOW IN AGAINST BAYLOR

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgias-kirby-smart-looked-mad-over-gatorade-bath-following-sugar-bowl-win-against-baylor/

Can't say that he was mad.  It could have been that he was yelling that it was cold; same type of reaction.

6 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Nice family, haven’t had contact in years though.

6 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

The announcers said after his concussion in Nov he spent a week in a dark room, said he really didn’t remember that week....scary.  Let’s hear it for a nice Business degree and career.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:56 PM, TFloss32 said:

I realize that many lose time celebrating New Year's but I'm pretty sure 24 hours has passed. OU still sucks, and Aggie is still delusional so it seems that the world is as we left it on Dec. 31st.

19 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

I realize that many lose time celebrating New Year's but I'm pretty sure 24 hours has passed. OU still sucks, and Aggie is still delusional so it seems that the world is as we left it on Dec. 31st.

It was about Tua possibly returning to Alabama because of his injury.

Anything but massive.

19 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

He's from Fox Sports.....what do you expect.:)

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

It was about Tua possibly returning to Alabama because of his injury.

Anything but massive.

I forgot for a moment that everything rises and sets on Bama and the SEC.🙄