**Running College Football Updates Thread**

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you get your butt whipped, you have to start rooting for the good guys

He'd probably win and plus, you get rid of the problem we have north of the red. Plus, you already endured Barry Switzer. Riley is nothing like that jack ass.

Considering that we will play LSU next year, I approve this move.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

WITH NO PARITY IN COLLEGE  FOOTBALL, HERE'S HOW THE SPORT COULD BE SHAKEN UP

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-name-image-and-likeness-could-shake-up-college-footballs-balance-of-power-011557638.html

Who the hell wants parity in college sports? Parity is one of the reasons the NFL sucks.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

With the Xfer Portal, I'm not sure getting a top notch recruiting class is as big a deal as it used to be. Time will tell. But I see teams like OU(sux) use the Portal to get the 1 piece they are missing. Add to that Grad xfers and you could make up for a bad recruiting year or 2. Develop the players you get and fill in where you have to.

Unfortunately, Texas has proven the opposite that getting top ranked classes doesn't mean you are elite.

8-4 is better than 7-5, but neither is a good record for a Texas team. I'm not even sure 10-4 is an acceptable record.

1 hour ago, hookemhorb said:

With the Xfer Portal, I'm not sure getting a top notch recruiting class is as big a deal as it used to be. Time will tell. But I see teams like OU(sux) use the Portal to get the 1 piece they are missing. Add to that Grad xfers and you could make up for a bad recruiting year or 2. Develop the players you get and fill in where you have to.

Unfortunately, Texas has proven the opposite that getting top ranked classes doesn't mean you are elite.

8-4 is better than 7-5, but neither is a good record for a Texas team. I'm not even sure 10-4 is an acceptable record.

You're correct a 10-4 record is not that great. The way UT has played for the last ten years it's great.

However, back in the DKR days there used to be a ten game schedule. A 10-4 record is the same percentage as a 7-3 record. That wouldn't be good enough to go to the Cotton Bowl and probably a New Years Day Bowl.
3 hours ago, primal defense said:
You're correct a 10-4 record is not that great. The way UT has played for the last ten years it's great.

However, back in the DKR days there used to be a ten game schedule. A 10-4 record is the same percentage as a 7-3 record. That wouldn't be good enough to go to the Cotton Bowl and probably a New Years Day Bowl.

But 10 wins is a decent standard to judge the success of the team. We would all give our left nut to have 9 double digit win seasons in a row.

11 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

This article from Sports Business Daily says, 
"The decision to move away from CBS carries some risk for the SEC, especially considering that it has been college football’s most-viewed package for more than 10 years running. The conference will go from a network where it is the only college football conference to one where it will be one of many conferences."

What???  The mighty SEC is willing to share airtime with another conference? Well, I guess  $300mil+ /yr would fund a lot of recruiting cost.😎

3 hours ago, UTfish said:

This article from Sports Business Daily says, 
"The decision to move away from CBS carries some risk for the SEC, especially considering that it has been college football’s most-viewed package for more than 10 years running. The conference will go from a network where it is the only college football conference to one where it will be one of many conferences."

What???  The mighty SEC is willing to share airtime with another conference? Well, I guess  $300mil+ /yr would fund a lot of recruiting cost.😎

That is a loaded bagman😁

19 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Former assistant coach Kendal Briles — the son of the head coach — once told a Dallas area student athlete, “Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players,” according to the suit.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/kendal-briles-white-women-quote/347564