Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

College football is nothing more than NFL 2.0.   Better hope we don’t lose any of our starting OL.  Just wait until Mannings second year of playing WB for Texas and another school “buys” him from UT.  

No more guarantee your studs stay with your school anymore.  The natural progression is we end up with a very small number of very wealthy schools playing for a NC. Really want to end watching UT play 10 marginal schools during the year and then play only one or two games whereby the other team actually has a chance to win?  As much as I want Texas to win, watching ten glorified scrimmages and only one or two real games would be terrible.  

8 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

College football is nothing more than NFL 2.0.   Better hope we don’t lose any of our starting OL.  Just wait until Mannings second year of playing WB for Texas and another school “buys” him from UT.  

No more guarantee your studs stay with your school anymore.  The natural progression is we end up with a very small number of very wealthy schools playing for a NC. Really want to end watching UT play 10 marginal schools during the year and then play only one or two games whereby the other team actually has a chance to win?  As much as I want Texas to win, watching ten glorified scrimmages and only one or two real games would be terrible.  

Well, we are going to the SEC, so there will be at least two mandatory cupcake games.

Ideally, I'd have Texas in a division with Missouri, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Kentucky. 

lol