Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

That whole deal was wrapped in A&M's insecurities from the jump, specifically the no buyout clause.

They knew they had to do something historical to lure him away from FSU and keep him in College Station.

Tfloss

The deal is that aggy did NOT lure Jimbo away from FSU. Fact is Jimbo had walked out on his team with a losing record ...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON! Goodby.....see ya....he simply quit on the team. He was unemployed when aggy hired him. The negotiations were tense. It took aggy a while to finally out bid themselves and land that loser.

37 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Tfloss

The deal is that aggy did NOT lure Jimbo away from FSU. Fact is Jimbo had walked out on his team with a losing record ...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON! Goodby.....see ya....he simply quit on the team. He was unemployed when aggy hired him. The negotiations were tense. It took aggy a while to finally out bid themselves and land that loser.

Well, it would be hard to say they lured Jimbo away anyway. FSU was crumbling beneath him and did once he left.

Aggy paid that big money to a man who had just ruined a program.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Tfloss

I think it was a bit more complicated then that. He left on the eve of the final game of the season,  not the middle of the season.  He didn't inform his players ahead of time which isn't a good look. Prior to his final year he had a descent run at Florida State. 

I think Florida State was unable or unwilling to make some facility upgrades Fisher wanted. Basically aggy made him an offer that would have been difficult for him to turn down.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Tfloss

52 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, it would be hard to say they lured Jimbo away anyway. FSU was crumbling beneath him and did once he left.

Aggy paid that big money to a man who had just ruined a program.

Poor choice of words on my part, and yes Florida State didn't fight to keep him.

15 hours ago, dssl said:

I think it was a bit more complicated then that. He left on the eve of the final game of the season,  not the middle of the season.  He didn't inform his players ahead of time which isn't a good look. Prior to his final year he had a descent run at Florida State. 

I think Florida State was unable or unwilling to make some facility upgrades Fisher wanted. Basically aggy made him an offer that would have been difficult for him to turn down.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think he left with 2 games left. At any rate the interim coach won out the remaining schedule to give FSU a winning record for the year.....middle of the season?...ok ya got me, but he walked out with games remaining on the schedule  without telling his team. Aggy rescued him and paid him like he was better than Saban or Urban or Bear Bryant for that matter.

16 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Tfloss

Well aggy did give Jimbo that cool national champion plaque, so they did kinda of lure him away.  😏

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Maybe I am wrong, but I think he left with 2 games left. At any rate the interim coach won out the remaining schedule to give FSU a winning record for the year.....middle of the season?...ok ya got me, but he walked out with games remaining on the schedule  without telling his team. Aggy rescued him and paid him like he was better than Saban or Urban or Bear Bryant for that matter.

One of the 2 games was the bowl game, which as you point out the interim coach had to win for them to qualify. 

18 hours ago, dssl said:

That unable or unwilling to upgrade disappeared the moment jumbo shrimp left town.  The fundraising began in 2018 and  the upgrades delayed by COVID should be finished next year.