Blake Toppmeyer and John Adams, USA TODAY NETWORK
The Tennessean
September 14, 2022, 11:42 AM
Blake Toppmeyer and John Adams, USA TODAY NETWORK
The Tennessean
September 14, 2022, 11:42 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/jimbo-fisher-grab-rubber-nose-100051052.html

On 7/12/2022 at 2:48 PM, General Hooker said:

Sark is rated safe and secure? I think another 5-7 season puts him at win or be fired for 2023. I expect us to win at least 9 games, so it would be a moot point. But CBS sports is full of crap.

Also, I don't think Dimbo Fisher is untouchable. A November collapse and a poor 2023 class will heat his seat also.

Dimbo is now #1 on the hot seat. Who could have predicted?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/

5 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

Dimbo is now #1 on the hot seat. Who could have predicted?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/

Lots of aggys would love to get a replacement coach,  but with a 90 million dollar buy out you would assume that hot seat has very good insulation.  If Jimbo can't get things turned around and ends up with a losing record and top players start entering the portal then things could get interesting. 

It's mind boggling that they gave Jimbo a raise and extension in 2020. You would have thought they would have learned there lesson with Sumlin, that what looks good for one season can go south in a hurry. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, dssl said:

Lots of aggys would love to get a replacement coach,  but with a 90 million dollar buy out you would assume that hot seat has very good insulation.  If Jimbo can't get things turned around and ends up with a losing record and top players start entering the portal then things could get interesting. 

It's mind boggling that they gave Jimbo a raise and extension in 2020. You would have thought they would have learned there lesson with Sumlin, that what looks good for one season can go south in a hurry. 

That whole deal was wrapped in A&M's insecurities from the jump, specifically the no buyout clause.

They knew they had to do something historical to lure him away from FSU and keep him in College Station.

I was a bit surprised Hamilton at IT said earlier in the week they already want to buy him out, but it will be fascinating to watch because the Ags have zero leverage even if the season goes to shit.

They can't threaten him to hire a real offensive coordinator and they all have to tread carefully because of the lengths they went to in order to secure the '22 class.

That whole operation is trending towards being must-see entertainment and we're only in Week 3.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I don't know how the hell Sark is at #10. 

He shot up the list last season with that Kansas loss, but he still shouldn't have been ranked that high as a first year coach.

Landing Manning, and that performance against Bama, only strengthened his job security.

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

That whole deal was wrapped in A&M's insecurities from the jump, specifically the no buyout clause.

They knew they had to do something historical to lure him away from FSU and keep him in College Station.

I was a bit surprised Hamilton at IT said earlier in the week they already want to buy him out, but it will be fascinating to watch because the Ags have zero leverage even if the season goes to shit.

They can't threaten him to hire a real offensive coordinator and they all have to tread carefully because of the lengths they went to in order to secure the '22 class.

That whole operation is trending towards being must-see entertainment and we're only in Week 3.

I understand the initial contract.  Definitely a bold risky move.  What I don't get is the 2020 extension.  Did they really think another school was going to come in and offer him a better deal?

12 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

He shot up the list last season with that Kansas loss, but he still shouldn't have been ranked that high as a first year coach.

Landing Manning, and that performance against Bama, only strengthened his job security.

If the team continues to play at the standard they set last week, I suspect he will be off that list completely 

4 hours ago, dssl said:

And it's not just the $90 million buy-out of Jimbo, but also his staff, too. That could run towards $100 million. I don't know their staff very well to know their contracts.

Then you get to spend it all over again on Jimbo's replacement.

Aggy is in trouble.

28 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

And it's not just the $90 million buy-out of Jimbo, but also his staff, too. That could run towards $100 million. I don't know their staff very well to know their contracts.

Then you get to spend it all over again on Jimbo's replacement.

Aggy is in trouble.

If someone turned him in for recruiting violations, if proven, could they fire him for cause and not have to pay him?