Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Sark is rated safe and secure? I think another 5-7 season puts him at win or be fired for 2023. I expect us to win at least 9 games, so it would be a moot point. But CBS sports is full of crap.

Also, I don't think Dimbo Fisher is untouchable. A November collapse and a poor 2023 class will heat his seat also.

Edited by General Hooker
correction and addition

19 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

Also, I don't think Dimbo Fisher is untouchable. A November collapse and a poor 2023 class will heat his seat also.

Hey man. I don't know if you're up on current events, but the aggies beat 'Bama last year. They were the ONLY team to beat 'Bama last year so Fisher is truly untouchable.

17 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

Hey man. I don't know if you're up on current events, but the aggies beat 'Bama last year. They were the ONLY team to beat 'Bama last year so Fisher is truly untouchable.

That was last year. And aggy still found their place in the middle of a division of a conference. Nothing's changed.

Another year in the middle of the pack and I think you start hearing rumblings. When you spend the money they did on Fischer and get nothing more than Kevin Sumlin Part II, the masses can get very irritated.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That was last year. And aggy still found their place in the middle of a division of a conference. Nothing's changed.

Another year in the middle of the pack and I think you start hearing rumblings. When you spend the money they did on Fischer and get nothing more than Kevin Sumlin Part II, the masses can get very irritated.

I whole hearted agree with you, but we are talking aggie here. In their minds they beat 'Bama and they just need a break or two (hundred) and they'll be the champions.  🙄

4 hours ago, General Hooker said:

Sark is rated safe and secure? I think another 5-7 season puts him at win or be fired for 2023. I expect us to win at least 9 games, so it would be a moot point. But CBS sports is full of crap.

But dumbos 100M buy out makes him pretty safe. 

i take that back he’s not the dumbo

3 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

I whole hearted agree with you, but we are talking aggie here. In their minds they beat 'Bama and they just need a break or two (hundred) and they'll be the champions.  🙄

Add to that the fact that they played in the championship game in abstention through Alabama and the aggies had a successful season.

8 hours ago, General Hooker said:

Seems that this is really trying to predict who could be fired in 2022. Sark isn't untouchable in 2022 but it would take something major for him to get the boot. Even another 5-7 year wouldn't get him canned this year (but the pressure would be on in 2023). So I think a "safe and secure" ranking makes sense though you could go with a "all good...for now" ranking too. 

Jimbo probably doesn't deserve "untouchable", probably "safe and secure" would be more accurate. He has done enough to appease the fan base in college station for now but any evidence of a backslide and things are going to get testy. I don't think he could get fired in 2022 but if he doesn't do something major in the next couple of seasons, people (particularly the boosters funding their NIL deals) are going to run out of patience I believe. 

Agree. This will be Jimbo's 5th season at aggy. When does the !00 million contract pay some dividends? Right now, he's no better than Sumlin was.

With the class he recruited last year, he should be contending for a national title in a couple of years. I have a feeling though that several in that class won't stick around.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree. This will be Jimbo's 5th season at aggy. When does the !00 million contract pay some dividends? Right now, he's no better than Sumlin was.

With the class he recruited last year, he should be contending for a national title in a couple of years. I have a feeling though that several in that class won't stick around.

expectations and price tag increased drastically with the last recruiting class. He's gotta make something happen soon.

19 hours ago, General Hooker said:

Well he's talking about their status as of right now. Any coach with a very good or bad year would see their status change significantly 

16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me they paying his ass 100 million??? 100 MILLION???😳😳 Am i reading that right??

3 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me they paying his ass 100 million??? 100 MILLION???😳😳 Am i reading that right??

I was a little wrong his buyout is $95.6 million not $100. aggy got a deal. The next largest buyout before his was less than $50M. aggy bid against themselves to get the hobbit. 

Just now, Wayne said:

I was a little wrong his buyout is $95.6 million not $100. aggy got a deal. The next largest buyout before his was less than $50M. aggy bid against themselves to get the hobbit. 

😳😳WTF.. Goodness gracious great balls of fire

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Wayne said:

The worst part of that deal is Jimbo doesn't owe them a dime if he wants to take another job.

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The worst part of that deal is Jimbo doesn't owe them a dime if he wants to take another job.

Yeah, he can... but aggy won't get so lucky.  Who else would guarantee that much?