Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Running College Football Updates Thread**

TFloss32

15 minutes ago, Wayne said:

No no no. aggy claims them. 

Wayne....you are exactly correct. They took over A&I...renamed it TAMUK....an abomionation!..I bet they have Upshaw and Green's names chisled on the wall of Kyle field as we speak.....I am going to go lay my head on the tracks...

On 1/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

As for Monday night's championship game, . . . 

I'm going with Georgia over Bama, 34-20. I think Georgia finally gets that monkey off their back.

I think Saban coached Bama to their win over Georgia in the CCG. Georgia has the better talent.

Its always difficult to beat a good team twice in a season.

So in the $EC CCG, do you think it was Coach Red Beaulieu (Saban) beating Coach Klein (Smart) as in the 1st half of the Bourban Bowl, and Smart will have his team playing like the Mud Dogs did in the 2nd half of the Bourban Bowl for the National Title?

danny oshea GIF

57 minutes ago, PTA said:

So in the $EC CCG, do you think it was Coach Red Beaulieu (Saban) beating Coach Klein (Smart) as in the 1st half of the Bourban Bowl, and Smart will have his team playing like the Mud Dogs did in the 2nd half of the Bourban Bowl for the National Title?

danny oshea GIF

I think there's a lot at stake for Georgia. They risk being known as the team that couldn't get past Bama.

They have their best team in decades and still can't beat Bama? If not now, then when?

So I pick Georgia.

5 hours ago, UT1983 said:

Thank God Alabama did not win yet another National Championship.   Hopefully this starts the beginning of the end of the Saban Dynasty. 

Doubtful. If SHA is correct, and I do agree with him that this is a down year fpr both  Alabama. I would also add down year for Clemson.  

But, just thinking on Alabama:

Starting QB: back

RB: Chase Mac(Aledo), Sanders to add to the 3rd string back all being back

OL: Brocks brothers (both redshirted) really wish some of you got this; Latham (freshmen), the starting center Soph. and multiple  Soph and Freshmen that are now Juniors.  3 of the TEs were Soph or freshmen. Most of the WRs were freshmen in the title game.  Plus there is no guarantee that Meche or Jameson leave, think both could come back (covid/China virus year).

DL: 3 Of the 4 BDs were freshmen now add Ricks the top BD corner from 2 years ago with Little and and another BD in the top 15. The LBs think most are back and the same with the DL.  

They will be really tough to beat and if you do get on top, they will do what it takes to make them an out.  

I won't mention the guys they just signed or are about to get.