Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mizzou supposedly "aggying up" and going to the SEC?

bbdude

• Administrators

The BIg XII is working feverishly to keep what they have intact and were close to formalizing Tier 1 and Tier 2 televisoon right for 6 years. Then Mizzou decided to further explore leaving the Big XII.

I'm sick and tired of this conference jumping. Mizzou is freaking Mizzou, not OU or Texas or not even Texas A&M. The LHN is quickly becoming a worn out excuse for these goons that are griping of tv revenue. The BIg XII is willing and able to rework tv deals that would pay schools EXTREMELY WELL to stay in the conference.

Mizzou needs to wake up and understand that their bargaining power is not as great as they think it is.

• Administrators

Agreed but if they leave then we are back to square 1 with the Big XII having only 8 teams and facing a possible disbandment. I heard that Boise State is soon to join the Big XII so I hope they have 2 or three more schools that can be added soon. SCREW MIZZOU.

Peter Schrager said it best in his column " Change Hurts. Karma bites conference switching teams." These schools think they are leaving to greener pastures because they can't make it to the Ship. These schools are tearing apart their fan base. I for one can't wait for their Roman collapse. These teams are cellar dwellers; in fact, when I think of them I think of the great song chant " Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Aah, Aah, Goodbye!"

Karma bites conference-switching teams - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

The QB for Wisconsin is FREAKIN' AWESOME. If you haven't heard the story he was a 3 year starter at NC State and he was a dual sport baseball/football player. NC State coach Tom O'Brien evidently did not want him playing two sports so Russell Wilson said see ya and ended up at Wisconsin. What an idiot O'Brien is. This guy will lead Wisconsin to an undefeated season.

The QB for Wisconsin is FREAKIN' AWESOME. If you haven't heard the story he was a 3 year starter at NC State and he was a dual sport baseball/football player. NC State coach Tom O'Brien evidently did not want him playing two sports so Russell Wilson said see ya and ended up at Wisconsin. What an idiot O'Brien is. This guy will lead Wisconsin to an undefeated season.

Wilson is playing some damn good football, and did so at NC State as well. I don't understand how he transferred and got to play immediately though.

• Administrators
Wilson is playing some damn good football, and did so at NC State as well. I don't understand how he transferred and got to play immediately though.

He already graduated with his undergrad degree and had a year of eligibility left. NCAA evidently allows for this and NC State willingly let him go with the understanding he could play immediately wherever he transferred.

Man, it is hard to believe that NC State let him go. Like badmofo said, Wisconsin will probably go undefeated but the Big 10 sucks this year. Even undefeated they would still not get any higher than 3rd or 4th in the polls when it is all said and done.

If Mizzou moves to the SEC they will be lucky to finish with a .500 record every year. Teams keep thinking they are putting themselves in better positions by switching conferences... but when those moves lead to fewer wins every year it is definitely detrimental to the program. Nobody wants to go play for a below .500 team just because the SEC is the best conference in the country. Recruits want to play for winning programs and have a shot at championships... period.

• Administrators

I find it funny now that Mizzou wanted to be in the Big X but got no offer. Now they are panhandling the SEC - which has yet to invite them. WHY is it they are not interested in staying in the Big XII - even with the restructured television rights?? tglick82 is right. It ain't gonna get any greener for Mizzou who is better off competing in the Big XII North every year. They will get spanked every year in the SEC. I will be glad when we get this conference realignment settled so we can get on with football instead of satisfying a need for greed.