Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Injury Update (9/23)

Tom herman joined the Big 12 telecast this morning and provided injury updates on his defensive players that sustained injuries in the team's 36-30 win over Oklahoma State.  UT subsequently sent out an official update on their status:

• Caden Sterns suffered a knee ligament sprain and is anticipated to be out four weeks
  • Josh Thompson - suffered a broken foot and will miss an undetermined significant period of time
  • Jalen Green - suffered a dislocated shoulder and is anticipated to be out at least four weeks
  • Marcus Tillman, Jr. - suffered a third-degree sprain of the MCL and will be out for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Tom herman joined the Big 12 telecast this morning and provided injury updates on his defensive players that sustained injuries in the team's 36-30 win over Oklahoma State.  UT subsequently sent out an official update on their status:

• Caden Sterns suffered a knee ligament sprain and is anticipated to be out four weeks
  • Josh Thompson - suffered a broken foot and will miss an undetermined significant period of time
  • Jalen Green - suffered a dislocated shoulder and is anticipated to be out at least four weeks
  • Marcus Tillman, Jr. - suffered a third-degree sprain of the MCL and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Wow, thats tough to lose them. We've had depth in the secondary. Really can't afford to lose anyone else now. Hate losing Sterns' leadership for OU.

56 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Scratch that I just read Herman said mid October so may be close 

Not sure I would roll Whittingham back following a surgery to finish a season.  Will be out of game shape, will burn his RS opportunity.  However, if he is in game shape and wanting to go, power to him.  I guess it might boil down to what our conference title chances are and/or wild dream BCS playoff chances.

With Kirk Johnson and Daniel Young back the UT RB room is getting healthy again only to see the bug move over to the DB room.  Can RoJo just put on his Superman cape and play CB for the injured Jalen Green?  

S is fine with Jones, Foster, Overshown, Estelle, Brown, (Adimora and Owens are break glass if needed).  Missing Green is a real concern.  Green was coming along nicely in the run support game and doing better in coverage.  Cook has to step it up big time now.  I actually think Jamison will be ok.  We might see the likes of Kenyatta Watson during the next 4 games.  This team really needs a player of Ringo's capability to be elite.  They need a shutdown CB.

Actually, the more I think about it, the one position I'm still uncertain of is LB.  Its Ossai, McCulloch, Ayodele, Mitchell, Vaughns and Gbenda.  Not having Floyd this year is starting to show.  UT only has Dorbah coming in to replenish (unless Hullaby projects at LB) and that's it.  They really need 1 or 2 more now with Caleb Johnson moving on.  I'm still waiting for the light to go on with Ayodele.  He's looked ok, but has been surpassed by Juwan Mitchell as far as production is concerned.  Mitchell was a fantastic late addition and a God send.  Ossai is just a beast and makes up for others, imo.  So I amend my above statement, this team (defense really) is one lockdown CB (Ringo) and one stud MLB away from being elite (hopefully that's Floyd). 

2 hours ago, texbound said:

With Kirk Johnson and Daniel Young back the UT RB room is getting healthy again only to see the bug move over to the DB room.  Can RoJo just put on his Superman cape and play CB for the injured Jalen Green?  

S is fine with Jones, Foster, Overshown, Estelle, Brown, (Adimora and Owens are break glass if needed).  Missing Green is a real concern.  Green was coming along nicely in the run support game and doing better in coverage.  Cook has to step it up big time now.  I actually think Jamison will be ok.  We might see the likes of Kenyatta Watson during the next 4 games.  This team really needs a player of Ringo's capability to be elite.  They need a shutdown CB.

Adimora looked better than “break glass if needed” on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

Adimora looked better than “break glass if needed” on Saturday. 

Agree, but I think you want to RS both if you can.  Meaning, they can probably do the job but you want to preserve if you can.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

Texas QB Sam Ehlinger limited in practice with minor rib injury, per report

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/25/texas-qb-sam-ehlinger-limited-in-practice-with-minor-rib-injury-per-report/

Like it said in the article, it isn't showing in his numbers. He is playingng great and finally avoiding contact by sliding.