Sign in to follow this  
psybj

Future of College Football Power

A few schools have what is needed to compete at the highest level: money, commitment, coaching, facilities, recruiting base/ability, etc.

In the near future I see the following as powers: Clem, UGA, bama, UF, LSU, UTx, Tamu, OU, tOSU, ND, UMich.

USC is now a dumpster fire but they will return.  AU is almost in that mix but IMO won't stay there, maybe in and out. Oregon is close.

At this moment the top in recruiting are Clem, bama, LSU, UGA, UTx, tOSU.

Only LSU must play 3 of these teams every year, bama, UF and Tamu. Win SEC W and get UGA or UF again.  LSU also has scheduled for the future UTx, OU and Clem.  Not sure why Pats aren't on the schedule too.

5 hours ago, psybj said:

A few schools have what is needed to compete at the highest level: money, commitment, coaching, facilities, recruiting base/ability, etc.

In the near future I see the following as powers: Clem, UGA, bama, UF, LSU, UTx, Tamu, OU, tOSU, ND, UMich.

USC is now a dumpster fire but they will return.  AU is almost in that mix but IMO won't stay there, maybe in and out. Oregon is close.

At this moment the top in recruiting are Clem, bama, LSU, UGA, UTx, tOSU.

Only LSU must play 3 of these teams every year, bama, UF and Tamu. Win SEC W and get UGA or UF again.  LSU also has scheduled for the future UTx, OU and Clem.  Not sure why Pats aren't on the schedule too.

I think you underestimate the Aggie’s ability to screw up something positive

20 minutes ago, joeywa said:

And aggy is missing a key component, money. They mortgaged their entire existence with the hire of Jimbo. 

Thats why Jimbo must not be seen as a failure. Everything blows up in aggy's face so this would kill their attempt to be rid of that reputation. This year could be brutal to that effort simply because of the schedule. But after watching them against Clemson, they may have a loss or two more than I had figured.