Find results in...

*****TEXAS vs. LOUISIANA TECH GAME THREAD*****

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Overall, the blitz packages look better. Last year I was constantly frustrated with the slow developing blitzes we had. Cleaned up execution. Team speed looks much better overall. Looks like the coach

Here’s some sunshine: we have an elite QB, super talented  WR group and finally a good OL.  O will be very hard to deal with this year.   Orlando’s defense has yet to play well week 1. Week

Film study is going to be a little uncomfortable for that young man tomorrow 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

What a BS call!!

I just got home from the game so is this the "roughing the passer" call that appeared live to be a defender laying on the ground and using his arms to try and tackle the QB during a pick 6? I can't wait to see the replay because live it appear to be a horrible call! The side judge on the La Tech side was horrible! His grade for this game will be low.

2 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I just got home from the game so is this the "roughing the passer" call that appeared live to be a defender laying on the ground and using his arms to try and tackle the QB during a pick 6? I can't wait to see the replay because live it appear to be a horrible call! The side judge on the La Tech side was horrible! His grade for this game will be low.

My interpretation was that Sterns and Jones were both going for the QB. Sterns stumbled, Jones tripped over him and ended up sliding headfirst into the QB's ankle/shin.

I looked up the rule, and I don't think it was applied correctly: "...no defensive player rushing unabated shall hit [the QB] forcibly at the knee area or below. The defensive player also may not initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit this opponent in the knee area or below.... It is not a foul if the defender is not rushing unabated or is blocked or fouled into this opponent.” (emphasis mine).

Jones stumbled over Sterns (so I don’t think he was “rushing unabated”), so my interpretation is that the flag should’ve been picked up.