Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Thursday (8/22/19) injury update

17 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Per Texas, Tight End Cade Brewer sustained a concussion in TUESDAY'S practice and has entered concussion protocol.  He will be monitored and treated accordingly and will get back on the field after he is cleared by doctors.

This is the first time we've heard about it?  No update yet? 

2 hours ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Per Texas, Tight End Cade Brewer sustained a concussion in TUESDAY'S practice and has entered concussion protocol.  He will be monitored and treated accordingly and will get back on the field after he is cleared by doctors.

And so the tight end curse lives on..............

12 hours ago, Baron said:

There's still Leitao to begin the season, along with Liebrock.

And Wiley, but am guessing they'd like to redshirt one of those 2.  I think Brewer will be cleared for La Tech.

16 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

And Wiley, but am guessing they'd like to redshirt one of those 2.  I think Brewer will be cleared for La Tech.

Do you have inside info on Brewer that isn’t available to the general public? If so, can you share?

Not trying to dig at you –just curious.

3 minutes ago, Bogey said:

Do you have inside info on Brewer that isn’t available to the general public? If so, can you share?

Not trying to dig at you –just curious.

No inside info.  Just my opinion.  Read on Inside Texas today that he's doing fine, but concussion protocol can be weird so we'll know more next week, but that's all I got.

TFB reporting that Jake Smith, Roschon Johnson, and "others" have been seeing snaps at RB, and that the staff would like to hold Ingram out for Week 1, but they might be forced to play him now.

7 minutes ago, utb040713 said:

TFB reporting that Jake Smith, Roschon Johnson, and "others" have been seeing snaps at RB, and that the staff would like to hold Ingram out for Week 1, but they might be forced to play him now.

Thanks! Sucks. La Tech gonna come ready. Hoping the hype on O-Line is real and making holes any back can run thru. Need em healthy for LSU