Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
doc longhorn

I did what I said I would never do

On 7/6/2019 at 6:31 PM, echeese said:

I never get any love. . . . .

Trace, not tracy. . .just FYI.    Good dude. . .AMAZING memory.

I need to email/text him.

OB appears to be getting lapped on the "sports/recruiting" side. . . 

They are great because of the community that has built up over there and despite my issues with management and their chicken shit antics, I'll never leave.

Though I do think I am the only official Hall of Fame member of the board who still posts beyond CS

See damn it Cheese I get into lists and forget things. Kind of like that time a few years ago I got stuck at the Stonebriar in Frisco  and didn’t reach out... we could have had a drink 

I'm just too much of an opinionated old fart to make many friends on sports boards.  IT and OB appears to be similar in that they are overrun with lawyers and their little tailgate get togethers become clannish and arrogant.  And arrogance and condescension are the two things that light my fire.

I should admit that both my daughter and son-in-law are (gulp) aggie grads.  And, yes, I threatened to cut her out of my will but Mom stepped in and straightened me out.  Plus aggy has one of the best vet schools in the nation and that is what she and he wound up being.  They own their own clinic now.  In addition, my brother is a UT lawyer practicing in Houston. and his firm is on retainer for my clinic.

It is a weird and complex world but all I know is I am a Longhorn to the bone and always will be.

4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I'm just too much of an opinionated old fart to make many friends on sports boards.  IT and OB appears to be similar in that they are overrun with lawyers and their little tailgate get togethers become clannish and arrogant.  And arrogance and condescension are the two things that light my fire.

I should admit that both my daughter and son-in-law are (gulp) aggie grads.  And, yes, I threatened to cut her out of my will but Mom stepped in and straightened me out.  Plus aggy has one of the best vet schools in the nation and that is what she and he wound up being.  They own their own clinic now.  In addition, my brother is a UT lawyer practicing in Houston. and his firm is on retainer for my clinic.

It is a weird and complex world but all I know is I am a Longhorn to the bone and always will be.

Liked by the guy currently sitting at his desk at the corner of Wellborn and Holleman with a view of their mecca 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, Johnstark23 said:

See damn it Cheese I get into lists and forget things. Kind of like that time a few years ago I got stuck at the Stonebriar in Frisco  and didn’t reach out... we could have had a drink 

Next time.