Sign in to follow this  
doc longhorn

I did what I said I would never do

I joined Orange Bloods.  The only reason I did it was because this cat Suchomel has been referred and quoted by so many sites.  Including this one.  I figured, what the hell, I'll join for one month and see what goes on.

The first day I joined I was called a liar, aggy and disingenuous.  That's because, for some reason, my profile said I was a member since 2004.  Don't ask me, I had to e-mail them to find out why.  Still waiting on an answer.  This should give you an idea of what OB is all about.  Be warned.

To continue, this Suchomel cat intimated we weren't going to get  Robinson, Broughton, Washington, Eaton or Cooper.

That's disconcerting. 

But I claim BS.  Trust the Doc on this.

What’s your handle Doc?  I’ll vouch for you. But understand a couple of things; there are a plethora of dbags on most large sites and as a noob you’ll be questioned. 

Also, recruiting “scoops” “news” etc are all guesses. 18 yr old boys are more fickle than most girls. 

Good luck

I left OB a few years ago when Ketch wouldn't refund my subscription after viewing the free trial.  I'd been a member before and left, but figured I'd give them another chance with the free trial.  Turns out the free trial automatically charged my credit card since I was a prior member.  I explained it to Ketch and he could care less.

They have treated some former mods who left for other sites poorly as well.  Ketch is pretty thin skinned and brings on a lot of heat to himself and is rumored to have several sock accounts on the site as well.

Just not my kind of site to say the least and am glad I left.

6 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I joined Orange Bloods.  The only reason I did it was because this cat Suchomel has been referred and quoted by so many sites.  Including this one.  I figured, what the hell, I'll join for one month and see what goes on.

The first day I joined I was called a liar, aggy and disingenuous.  That's because, for some reason, my profile said I was a member since 2004.  Don't ask me, I had to e-mail them to find out why.  Still waiting on an answer.  This should give you an idea of what OB is all about.  Be warned.

To continue, this Suchomel cat intimated we weren't going to get  Robinson, Broughton, Washington, Eaton or Cooper.

That's disconcerting. 

But I claim BS.  Trust the Doc on this.

Of his list, I'd say Eaton and Cooper are headed elsewhere. The other three are very much in play for us.

Just remember Doc, this is self-inflicted. In piss fights, everybody gets pissed on.

1 hour ago, joeywa said:

What’s your handle Doc?  I’ll vouch for you. But understand a couple of things; there are a plethora of dbags on most large sites and as a noob you’ll be questioned. 

Also, recruiting “scoops” “news” etc are all guesses. 18 yr old boys are more fickle than most girls. 

Good luck

Right now it's bfpapa6, but I'm trying to change it

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Of his list, I'd say Eaton and Cooper are headed elsewhere. The other three are very much in play for us.

Just remember Doc, this is self-inflicted. In piss fights, everybody gets pissed on.

Lol!  I know about the dbags.  I'm a veteran of the internet.  But OB seems to be overrun with them.  I announced that I had just joined the day before and one moron jumped right on me and said your profile said you joined in 2004 (?) so not only are you a liar, but you are disingenuous and sound like an aggy and a troll.  Crack out of the bag. My feelings were so hurt. Ha, ha!

As far as recruiting, understand that OOS prospects are never as sold on UT as we are.  They know about us, sure, but they are more familiar with the winners.  We haven't been in that category for years.  so that is a hurdle to overcome.  Right now we have 7 commits whereas Clemson, Bama, Georgia have been sweeping up blue chips like leaves.  That alone should tell you something.

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Was never an OB member. I left Hornfans after several years and came here. HF had an "elite" group of members who could say anthing that came into their minds. Other members not so much. Ridicule became tiresome and thankfully I found Hornsports. 

Ditto

I was there for a few years. Got to know a few really good guys like @joeywa and @armadillo slim and @streettopeschel @TEXPIMP and sportzcaster and whatever Trace’s username was. Stayed mostly cause McComas is the best Texas Baseball guy (outside of Joeywa of course) on the interwebz and the community was always good to me. Left cause Ketchum ramped up the OBnoxious (see what I did there). But have been thinking of going back cause I miss some of the mind bottling banter. 

2 hours ago, Johnstark23 said:

I was there for a few years. Got to know a few really good guys like @joeywa and @armadillo slim and @streettopeschel @TEXPIMP and sportzcaster and whatever Trace’s username was. Stayed mostly cause McComas is the best Texas Baseball guy (outside of Joeywa of course) on the interwebz and the community was always good to me. Left cause Ketchum ramped up the OBnoxious (see what I did there). But have been thinking of going back cause I miss some of the mind bottling banter. 

Wasn’t Tracy’s username “Not Texas Good?”

4 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Yeah Bear you are correct... I kept thinking about his ENMQB one. I forgot to mention you as well. This is why you should never list your favorites cause you are invariably gonna miss one. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

As long as Buddha is associated with it, I won't go back.

Not to accidentally spiritually summon a former Hornsports member, but is this our former “esteemed colleague” and Dubai enthusiast from years ago?

4 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Not to accidentally spiritually summon a former Hornsports member, but is this our former “esteemed colleague” and Dubai enthusiast from years ago?

I think he’s talking about Fat Ketch. 

10 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I like it... Have made some life long friends there. I also like Inside Texas. I am still on 247 but it is my least favorite. 

Hey I got no problem with that. I don’t judge a man by the book he reads. 

6 hours ago, Johnstark23 said:

Yeah Bear you are correct... I kept thinking about his ENMQB one. I forgot to mention you as well. This is why you should never list your favorites cause you are invariably gonna miss one. 

Tracy was “not Texas good” on “Renegades”. But I think he had the same handle on OB.

I do miss Slim. Wish he would come back on here.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:59 AM, Johnstark23 said:

I never get any love. . . . .

On 6/26/2019 at 12:02 PM, Bear19 said:

Trace, not tracy. . .just FYI.    Good dude. . .AMAZING memory.

I need to email/text him.

OB appears to be getting lapped on the "sports/recruiting" side. . . 

They are great because of the community that has built up over there and despite my issues with management and their chicken shit antics, I'll never leave.

Though I do think I am the only official Hall of Fame member of the board who still posts beyond CS