Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

It's always smart to be extremely cautious when getting your hopes up about a highly-ranked Louisiana kid, but IT said there could be room for optimism with RB TreVonte' Citizen of Lake Charles, LA.

They're hearing LSU hasn't been handling his recruitment as well as they should be, and he'll be in Austin the first week of June for an official visit.

He might even be Coach Drayton's favorite RB prospect in the class.

https://247sports.com/player/trevonte-citizen-46085807/

Do you really think Citizen is a player?

If what you wrote about Drayton is true, my assessment of him is going to dropped several notches.

Do you know the academics of Prep? How about their competition level?

17 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Do you really think Citizen is a player?

If what you wrote about Drayton is true, my assessment of him is going to dropped several notches.

Do you know the academics of Prep? How about their competition level?

Stan Drayton loves him. Drayton may be the reason we're a player here to be honest.

I think Citizen's 5'11, 200 lb frame is ripe for success as a between the tackles back, which we need.

25 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Stan Drayton loves him. Drayton may be the reason we're a player here to be honest.

I think Citizen's 5'11, 200 lb frame is ripe for success as a between the tackles back, which we need.

I like Jones' film better. He seems a little more dynamic.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Do you have any more info on Jaden Blue?

No, other than 247 saying the staff seemed to be aware of the situation and it wasn't a surprise.

He plans on enrolling in college for Spring 2022, but whether that's ultimately at Texas remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Three backs would be a waste of a ship IMO. Two proven backs are returning plus Brooks. Two freshmen would make five which is about right for depth.

I would say it’s highly unlikely they take three backs. They will have to look at their board and the film and see if it’s a situation where if Jones wants in and Citizen isn’t ready to jump onboard, you let Citizen know what’s what and you take the commitment from Jones. You cannot take a three back class. That’s a number you could use at WR or OL. The only way you’re taking three backs is if it’s Raleek Brown. Since he’s a RB you can put in the slot and he’s so electric. There’s a 0% chance you see Blue, Jones, and Citizen in the same class. a&m would be all over that to Citizen. Hell I could sell that. Bijan is in front of you. They have two backs with you. And you know they are gonna want Owens getting PT as a freshman.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Three backs would be a waste of a ship IMO. Two proven backs are returning plus Brooks. Two freshmen would make five which is about right for depth.

You don't end up with three backs. Thats why I said "for now."

I think there is an ongoing evaluation of the Blue situation by staff. Citizen could end up being RB #1 with either Jones or Gaston being the #2 RB in the class.

12 hours ago, hornsups said:

I would say it’s highly unlikely they take three backs. They will have to look at their board and the film and see if it’s a situation where if Jones wants in and Citizen isn’t ready to jump onboard, you let Citizen know what’s what and you take the commitment from Jones. You cannot take a three back class. That’s a number you could use at WR or OL. The only way you’re taking three backs is if it’s Raleek Brown. Since he’s a RB you can put in the slot and he’s so electric. There’s a 0% chance you see Blue, Jones, and Citizen in the same class. a&m would be all over that to Citizen. Hell I could sell that. Bijan is in front of you. They have two backs with you. And you know they are gonna want Owens getting PT as a freshman.

I am afraid we will see R. Brown to our sorrow.

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

Doesn't sound too encouraging. Texas OR Oklahoma? No doubt he'll hear plenty of negativity regarding Texas when he visits aggy.

Or maybe it just means that whichever school he doesn't visit this summer will get a visit in the fall.

54 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Sounds like Old Nick is taking our milkshake. Bama apparently leads for both Harris and Brooks and now Saban is personally after Anderson too. 

Oooofff

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He won't get Anderson. Sark has clearly got into Saban's head. 

No doubt it's a tad personal (on a football level) for gutting his staff.