Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread

From a poster named CTJ on another site. Don't personally know him but he seems to be right a lot.

"Texas will land Denver Harris, along with Banks and Anderson. There's a good chance Ewers and Brooks get added to the list. We'll find out how willing Texas is to straight win an auction with Stewart. No clue yet on Brown."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep up the great work TFloss. We appreciate your work.

As of this morning, Hamilton from IT saying Texas leads for OL Devon Campbell (Arlington Bowie) and OL Kelvin Banks (Humble Summer Creek). And they are "right there" with OL Kam Dewberry (Humble

Posted Images

He is right a lot, SHA. He played college ball, tight end, I think. He was one of the first to talk about Vince Young’s other worldly talents.  To the doubters, he said, he’s on a whole ‘nother level dawg. 

I’m not sure where he gets his info, but he is usually right. If he errs, it’s on the conservative side, as a rule.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From a poster named CTJ on another site. Don't personally know him but he seems to be right a lot.

"Texas will land Denver Harris, along with Banks and Anderson. There's a good chance Ewers and Brooks get added to the list. We'll find out how willing Texas is to straight win an auction with Stewart. No clue yet on Brown."

Brooks was offered by Clemson tonight.

• Administrators

Per IT, Ohio State has been in touch with WR Landon Samson of Southlake Carroll recently.

What's interesting about it is Samson being a close friend of QB Quinn Ewers, so it's possible this is Ohio State knowing they need to do everything they can to secure his commitment.

https://247sports.com/player/landon-samson-46112002/

• Administrators

Also from IT, WR Brenen Thompson of Spearman will be in Austin soon competing in the state track meet.

He will make a student visit at that time, and they're hearing a person very close to him prefers he attend Texas.

Sark and the new staff definitely want Thompson in this class despite it seeming like momentum was slowing a few weeks ago.

https://247sports.com/player/brenen-thompson-46100208/

On 4/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Who is Brown? Am I forgetting a recruit?

Alabama had 6 players taken in the 1st round yesterday, but while people will say it was Alabama, I look at it as a positive for Texas.  Five of those six can be directly attributed to current Texas coaches.  Sark absolutely had his hand in helping Smith, Waddle, Jones and Harris getting drafted and Kyle Flood can be linked to Alex Leatherwood going so high.  I know the Bama WR and RB coach should get some credit, but make no mistake that Sark made that offense utilize all of those weapons.  This has to resonate with 2022 and 23 recruits.

This is the only year where I was actually happy to see so many Bama players (mainly offense) taken so high.  Stealing a page out of Aggy logic, "Alabama had 6 players taken in the 1st round, so that means Texas had 5 players taken in the 1st round."

On 4/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

There's a good chance Ewers.... get added to the list. 

Roach “poo poo’d” this idea on his podcast.   Take that for what it’s worth... ($9.95 I think).

Fascinating storyline if true.  

1 minute ago, 83Dee said:

Roach “poo poo’d” this idea on his podcast.   Take that for what it’s worth... ($9.95 I think).

Fascinating storyline if true.  

Roach, well, he's okay. He's also wrong on this.

One of my clients in SL is good friends with Ewers family. Says Texas is the most active recruiter they have right now. Family and Ewers himself wanted to be at Texas, admittedly weren't wild about Herman. So the table is set for him to return. We're now discussing that with him. Thats what I meant when I said Texas' talks have become significant.

Just yesterday, Ohio State offered a 3-star WR from SL. Said WR happens to be best of friends with Ewers.

OSU doesn't offer a white 3-star with limited skills unless they're worried.

36 minutes ago, Oldmanastro said:

So you are saying the door isn’t closed on Ewers? Let’s hypothetically say he switches to us, does Murphy change his mind or do both come? I’d be happy to get both, but just don’t see it that way with these kids these days. 

That remains to be seen. Murphy seems all in. Ewers is warming up to returning to the class, however, I hear Texas has taken the pressure off . . . meaning a phone call can be made and last an hour and football never come up.

This is a good thing. This is Ewers call.

Murphy is just undeveloped, period. All the tools are there and you can see stardom in his future when you watch him play. But Ewers can arrive ready to play. Murphy will take a couple of years before he's ready.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That remains to be seen. Murphy seems all in. Ewers is warming up to returning to the class, however, I hear Texas has taken the pressure off . . . meaning a phone call can be made and last an hour and football never come up.

This is a good thing. This is Ewers call.

Murphy is just undeveloped, period. All the tools are there and you can see stardom in his future when you watch him play. But Ewers can arrive ready to play. Murphy will take a couple of years before he's ready.

I definitely can see Ewers getting back on board. I would love to get Murphy and Ewers but realistically I don’t see it working. Ewers is much further along in development because I’m certain he has had the best coaching money can buy for years. I don’t foresee him sniffing QB1 until year two. My question is what Murphy will look like after Sark has him for 18 months? I believe he is the most physically gifted of the two. If he responds to coaching Ewers might not be able to hold him off. One of the two will not finish at Texas I just hope we get to choose when that time comes. Both on campus will make both better in my opinion.