Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Recruiting Board/Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

247 feels Texas is making a move with DE/LB Derrick Brown (Texarkana Texas High).

OU was the overwhelming favorite to being his recruitment due to his former teammate, LB Clayton Smith, signing there, but the Horns are catching up along with A&M.

He's a fan of coaches Choate and Kwiatkowski so far.

https://247sports.com/player/derrick-brown-46110382/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Both 247 and IT are feeling good about OL Cole Hutson (Frisco High) right now.

He gushed about his recent student visit to UT and wants to find a great business school.

This should come down to who pushes hard between OU and UT, with a decision coming around June.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Hutson-46098336/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TB14 said:

Ross still expected to commit soon?

23rd is the date, I believe. He said today that he had not made a decision. This is strange to me. Why put that pressure on yourself to announce when you have no real decision made on who it will be?

Make a decision, then announce. Seems simple to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

23rd is the date, I believe. He said today that he had not made a decision. This is strange to me. Why put that pressure on yourself to announce when you have no real decision made on who it will be?

Make a decision, then announce. Seems simple to me.

Agreed. This cycle really won’t start until June 1st. Visits will change not only the prospects top list, but the coaching staff’s priorities as well. Any commit before visits has to be looked at as a soft commit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

23rd is the date, I believe. He said today that he had not made a decision. This is strange to me. Why put that pressure on yourself to announce when you have no real decision made on who it will be?

Make a decision, then announce. Seems simple to me.

I've never understood why a kid would set an announcement date before he had actually made a decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

I wonder what that Hawkins tweet was about last night.  I assume just the offer of his kinfolk.

Someone, my son, mentioned there was some big announcement today from the OL from California (Greene).  I know MM has been on him, but it's most likely a top 50 list.  Other than that, I have no idea.  Maybe one of the kids he trains got an offer from Texas.

(Edit: you already mentioned the offer, sorry.  Reading comprehension is really, really hard.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I've never understood why a kid would set an announcement date before he had actually made a decision. 

My guess is most kids know pretty early where they are likely going.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 83Dee said:

My guess is most kids know pretty early where they are likely going.  

Agree. It's the attention game. Most of them will never feel more important than they do now. Can't blame them for wanting to bask in the adoration. They'll be working hard for it soon enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I listened to a podcast with Steve Wiltfong from 24/7 and he was talking about Evan Stewart and that he may end up as the number one receiver this year. He said that Stewart  wants to see what Sark and the offense can do this year at Texas. The other schools are all SEC. That's Alabama, A&M, Georgia, and Florida.
 
This is going all the way till the end.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, primal defense said:
I listened to a podcast with Steve Wiltfong from 24/7 and he was talking about Evan Stewart and that he may end up as the number one receiver this year. He said that Stewart  wants to see what Sark and the offense can do this year at Texas. The other schools are all SEC. That's Alabama, A&M, Georgia, and Florida.
 
This is going all the way till the end.

It's Bama or Florida unless Texas can win him over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

🏈 Texas vs. Oklahoma State

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium
Austin, TX
11:00 AM Kickoff - FOX


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    10/30
    @Baylor
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    11/13
    Kansas
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    11/27
    Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...